Street Tire option for Senton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace458

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking for belted street tires for my senton. I might get a good deal on xo 1 tires, if not, I'll probably go for sweep racing ones.
Needed to ask a few things;
1. Would the XO 1 tires be a perfect fit on the senton? The front ones arent that wider than the rears, I hope that doesn't effect anything if I put it on the senton? Would it?
2. Anyone using sweep racing tires on their trucks? Would these be ideal and perfect fit for the truck?
Sweep 1/8 GT Belted Treaded EXP 55deg Pre-Glued on ROK Black Spoke (1pr) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E8ZGIH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_drZ2xbMX69TES

I ripped off the stock tires along with the foams on my first run on 6s lipo. I was planning to change to 16t pinion and further to 19t but I want to be sure the tires don't burst, that's why Ill be going for one of the above two options. I also have duratrax lockups but they too balloon on high speeds and I don't want to risk it. Kindly advice which would be the best belted tire choice for the senton. Thanks!

Forgot one more option. Grp gt tires.. Just searched and found 2 options.. GRP gt treaded tires & GRP gt slick velocity tires. Which one would be the best option for street use?

I been looking at them grp's and slicks would be adequate for smooth clean track but for your use i would get the threads and grp have like a 1 to 5 scale don't know wich but get either 2 or 4 wichever is right. Before the stiff ones that way still got grip but ima be looking at sweeps pretty soon

I been looking at them grp's and slicks would be adequate for smooth clean track but for your use i would get the threads and grp have like a 1 to 5 scale don't know wich but get either 2 or 4 wichever is right. Before the stiff ones that way still got grip but ima be looking at sweeps pretty soon

Thank you for your input.. i too am inclined towards grp treaded ones.. i don't know which ones to select.. there are 6 options.. xxsoft, xsoft, soft, soft/medium, medium and medium/hard. I think u are right.. xsoft could be the ideal option for dirty low grip streets.. anyone else with their input.
Also do let me know how sweep racing tires are in comparison to grps.

Anytime and i wpuld want the value so i would get medium to the medium/hard those will last quite a while and those sweeps on amazon i seen them being put up to 8s power plus i seen them here quite a few members own them

i have a Typhon and been using a few belted tire. here's how i would personally rate them:
  1. SP 1/8 - a tad bigger than grp and grips very well with less wear
  2. x0-1 and sweep racing (tie) - x0-1 is the heaviest and wears the fastest. i had to cut the extra plastic to fit but i won't fault it as it's not designed for typhon anyways. sweep racing is good but 1 out of 4 has balance problem. Road grip are almost equal.
  3. grp - I like the overall design but it's just too small. Durable tire nonetheless.

I've run all of them on Arrma Ttyphon w/ 6s battery. Not sure how they would handle on Senton though. The fastest run was of course on x0-1 since it has the largest diameter.

i have a Typhon and been using a few belted tire. here's how i would personally rate them:
  2. x0-1 and sweep racing (tie) - x0-1 is the heaviest and wears the fastest. i had to cut the extra plastic to fit but i won't fault it as it's not designed for typhon anyways. sweep racing is good but 1 out of 4 has balance problem. Road grip are almost equal.
  3. grp - I like the overall design but it's just too small. Durable tire nonetheless.

I've run all of them on Arrma Ttyphon w/ 6s battery. Not sure how they would handle on Senton though. The fastest run was of course on x0-1 since it has the largest diameter.

Thank you for your reply.. I've been searching a lot these days on what to get.. I was inclined towards GRP traded option but now looking at sp since you've pointed it out.. which option and compound did you go for? Plus what's the max speed you've run on them?

Thank you for your reply.. I've been searching a lot these days on what to get.. I was inclined towards GRP traded option but now looking at sp since you've pointed it out.. which option and compound did you go for? Plus what's the max speed you've run on them?

This is the model i'm using: SP00180WS

I have not run it faster than 70mph though.

just got a set of sweep gt8 tires for my typhon running on parking lot concrete how do you make your tires stick?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back