Senton Street tires, diff oils replacement and drift conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean real drift tires, or just rubber tires with a powerslide setup?

If the latter, then yes, I've done it and I can tell you it's one brutal, tyre-destroying, screaming, violent machine :D

Do you mean real drift tires, or just rubber tires with a powerslide setup?

If the latter, then yes, I've done it and I can tell you it's one brutal, tyre-destroying, screaming, violent machine :D

Awesome!!!! If u don't mind me asking, what set up did you use for it? Wheels/tires oils etc?

For the wheels just some cheap, hard compound street tires (Carson is the brand, don't know if that exists in the US)
For the springs I used #TD330780 front and #TD330786 rear, so a bit stiffer in the front and quite stiffer in the rear, to get it a bit more tail happy...and because I found the stock springs way too soft anyways.
Diff oils I used 20K front / 100k center / 15k rear ... but in all honesty I would use heavier oil now, at least front and rear ... something like 30/100/30 or 30/200/30
You definitely need to make sure the wheels don't grip enough to do wheelies, that's why I used some hard compound...but they need enough grip to be controllable in the drift so you don't spin out.
I also lowered the car a bit for this, to prevent traction rolls and for some serious corner/drift speed.

Key here is to add some stiffness and the interaction between diff oil and tires to be able to apply some serious power without doing wheelies ... if you get that dialed in it's some drifting beast.
It looks spectacular when it dives in when going full throttle in the middle of a slide, just like the real thing. No need for drift tires! :D

For the wheels just some cheap, hard compound street tires (Carson is the brand, don't know if that exists in the US)
For the springs I used #TD330780 front and #TD330786 rear, so a bit stiffer in the front and quite stiffer in the rear, to get it a bit more tail happy...and because I found the stock springs way too soft anyways.
Diff oils I used 20K front / 100k center / 15k rear ... but in all honesty I would use heavier oil now, at least front and rear ... something like 30/100/30 or 30/200/30
You definitely need to make sure the wheels don't grip enough to do wheelies, that's why I used some hard compound...but they need enough grip to be controllable in the drift so you don't spin out.
I also lowered the car a bit for this, to prevent traction rolls and for some serious corner/drift speed.

Key here is to add some stiffness and the interaction between diff oil and tires to be able to apply some serious power without doing wheelies ... if you get that dialed in it's some drifting beast.
It looks spectacular when it dives in when going full throttle in the middle of a slide, just like the real thing. No need for drift tires! :D

Awesome!!! Thanks for the detailed explanation on the set up. This is definitely on my to buy and to do list!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back