Kraton Street tires for my K6 XL? 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
What are some badass street tires/wheels for my rig in case I'm feeling frisky and want to do some steet bashing & speed runs? 🤔
I want to get some sick body's for it in the future and won't want to beat'em up on jumps.

What are some badass street tires/wheels for my rig in case I'm feeling frisky and want to do some steet bashing & speed runs? 🤔
I want to get some sick body's for it in the future and won't want to beat'em up on jumps.
Unless you want to slam it and go for some other street tires....the two I know of and there are more:

https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-scorpion-belted-monste.html

https://www.amainhobbies.com/sweep-...er-truck-tires-black-2-swp-srcc1002b/p1051047

Again there are others with more street thread if you are going stock size diameter tires.

YT Kraton speed runs will see a lot more

Unless you want to slam it and go for some other street tires....the two I know of and there are more:

https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-scorpion-belted-monste.html

https://www.amainhobbies.com/sweep-...er-truck-tires-black-2-swp-srcc1002b/p1051047

Again there are others with more street thread if you are going stock size diameter tires.

YT Kraton speed runs will see a lot more
Would I have to slam this? 🤔
Pretty wide... Not sure if I'd need to.

20220401_150449.jpg

Would I have to slam this? 🤔
Pretty wide... Not sure if I'd need to.

View attachment 226465
I do not think so... I was posting for the Kraton per your post title.

I could be wrong but think this pic is of JonDilly here on the forum...speed runsL
1656484173832.png

I do not think so... I was posting for the Kraton per your post title.

I could be wrong but think this pic is of JonDilly here on the forum...speed runsL
View attachment 226466
Well, technically it is a Kraton. It has a Mojave chassis and shock towers now but still has K6 EXB arms, hubs, dog bones and also has 20mm hub extenders.

Those sweep terrain crushers are ideal for a Kraton.
True high-speed belted tires look funny on the Kraton, but they do the job best for speeds over 80 MPH.

I took an all-stock electronics Kraton 6s to 96 mph by only adding the 1/8 GRP tires, 34t limitless spool, and 37t pinion. (large gearing to accommodate the tiny tires and off-road 4.3 diffs.)

speed 1.jpg

Those sweep terrain crushers are ideal for a Kraton.
True high-speed belted tires look funny on the Kraton, but they do the job best for speeds over 80 MPH.

I took an all-stock electronics Kraton 6s to 96 mph by only adding the 1/8 GRP tires, 34t limitless spool, and 37t pinion. (large gearing to accommodate the tiny tires and off-road 4.3 diffs.)

View attachment 226495
I remember those days. Sure was fun! Although I used the hoons instead.

20210520_193622.jpg

20210424_195139.jpg

20210421_180306.jpg

Attachments

• 20220629_080455.jpg
    20220629_080455.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 37
Those are. First ones I don't believe are... a couple bucks different in price for the belted.
Edit. Photos loaded all the way. Disregard 🤣
I had the duratrax faze. Not banaditos. I sold them instead.
They're still quite a bit cheaper than the sweep road crushers tho

i would go Method or Jetko

sd.jpg

Jetko Rockform Belted Low Profile Extreme Reifen auf schwarzen 3.8 Felgen​

36,95 EUR

you need bigger pinion with low profile

or go with standart Jetko size belted standart pinion

jk1802cb.jpg

37,95 EUR

These are less than 50dollars in states

Strong and great wheels, on the light weight side

Jetko King Cobra Belted Extreme Reifen auf schwarzen 3.8 Felgen 17mm​

PURE STREET

jk1804cb.jpg

these got article number 1804CB

Jetko Rockform Belted Extreme Reifen auf schwarzen 3.8 Felgen​

80mph no issues with Jetkos

You can go 1/5th GRP as shown above or you can go 1/5 GRP F1 which use the same adapters. I put them on a Talion and they're slightly lighter than the Sweeps. You can also try the Jetko Supersonic SGT. They're lighter than the Sweeps too. Just my opinion but the Sweeps are extra heavy and require conservative gearing to keep the heat and drive train stress down. Sad part is the Sweeps LOOK better than all the above mentioned. They really make your truck pop and they do add stability because of the size. I've also had the Power Hobby Scorpion/Raptor and the rims cracked on both sets I had after minor bumps...I do mean minor. They're comparable to the Sweeps in weight and look pretty good too but for me the durability was terrible.

Another option is the belted Katar. Though its an off road tire its works excellent on the street/asphalt. Tons of grip, size is perfect, and the weight is good. Only problem is they won't last that long on anything other than dirt/grass. I got 3 runs out of a brand new set and one was almost completely bald while the other 3 showed a lot of wear.

Here's some pics:
Jetko Supersonic SGT
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_19e.jpg

GRP 1/5 scale F1 (Rain Tread)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_190.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18a.jpg

Regular GRP 1/5 scale foamed by Gone Bananas
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_131.jpg

Just my two cents but I found it much easier to go faster with the smaller lighter tires. I put some 1/8 buggy wheels on my Talion just for kicks and the performance improved dramatically. It was quicker, handled better and was just faster overall. I'm not a fan of the "look" though but its gonna have to grow on me cause the car was so much better (less stress on the drive train too). The buggy tires weigh about 130 grams each while the tires pictured above are between 270 grams (Jetkos) and 315 grams (GRP F1s). The Sweeps are at least 330 grams and the Power Hobby ones are even heavier than that. The regular GRPs with foam come in at 220 grams. A belted Katar is about 225 to 230 grams I think.

I've heard some good things about duratrax banditos and amain has some of them on sale. I've already bought some but haven't gotten them yet

View attachment 226497

View attachment 226498

So im running those in 2.8's on a 6S Typhon with Kraton hubs n hex's. Im so glad I didn't try the 3.8's!
Im finding it impossible to keep the car from jumping, flipping and cartwheeling at anything over 45mph. Too short and too much grip. Even the smaller Bandito C2's don't spin enough to keep it stable. Smaller buggy tires like the Katar's will break free at speed and not let it fly off the road. Im getting more speed from them than anything else so far.
I have a set of Hoons 53/107 2.9 coming today to try out. But im expecting much the same. They just wont ballon like the C2's do. Want to try the GRP's next. Maybe the Pro-line Avenger HP belted S3's But im thinking a belted Katar may work well for an overpowered truck.
Still learning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back