Kraton Street tires for my K6 XL? 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also had the Power Hobby Scorpion/Raptor and the rims cracked on both sets I had after minor bumps...I do mean minor. They're comparable to the Sweeps in weight and look pretty good too but for me the durability was terrible.

I have a set as well. Didn't have that problem. All four were poorly glued. To the extent that I wrote powerhobby and sent photos. They replaced em. But the wheels flex too much for my liking 👍

So im running those in 2.8's on a 6S Typhon with Kraton hubs n hex's. Im so glad I didn't try the 3.8's!
Im finding it impossible to keep the car from jumping, flipping and cartwheeling at anything over 45mph. Too short and too much grip. Even the smaller Bandito C2's don't spin enough to keep it stable. Smaller buggy tires like the Katar's will break free at speed and not let it fly off the road. Im getting more speed from them than anything else so far.
I have a set of Hoons 53/107 2.9 coming today to try out. But im expecting much the same. They just wont ballon like the C2's do. Want to try the GRP's next. Maybe the Pro-line Avenger HP belted S3's But im thinking a belted Katar may work well for an overpowered truck.
Still learning.
Thanks for the info. Amain had the 2.8 banditos on sale for 26.99/pr the other day & I hope they're coming today 🤞I'd been eyeballing them for about a month, but hadn't heard much feedback about them. Couldn't pass up that price!😀

Thanks for the info. Amain had the 2.8 banditos on sale for 26.99/pr the other day & I hope they're coming today 🤞I'd been eyeballing them for about a month, but hadn't heard much feedback about them. Couldn't pass up that price!😀

These are the Typhon 6S with Stock Katars, the Bandito MT Belt 2.8's and Bandito C2's (same size as the stock Katars)

Katars:

Bandito C2:

Bandito MT Belt 2.8:

See what I mean?

The Katars are the MOST FUN! Doughnuts till they pop.

These are the Typhon 6S with Stock Katars, the Bandito MT Belt 2.8's and Bandito C2's (same size as the stock Katars)

Katars:

Bandito C2:

Bandito MT Belt 2.8:
U got a wheelie bar on that thing? If not it looks like you could use one!🤣

U got a wheelie bar on that thing? If not it looks like you could use one!🤣
HAHA!
I have an RPM front bumper on the back for now.
The guys from TBR have a new 6S Typhon Wheelie bar coming out soon, so they just told me! Although the one for the 6S Kraton will fit, this one is better fitted. I want a lower bar, not ones that goes up high like most do. Its pointless being a few inches from the wing.

Its needs more than a wheelie bar unfortunately.
I literally just got some Arrma MOJAVE 6s EXB Rear Shocks for it to try out on the pitbull Typhon.

IMG_2320.jpeg

shorter spring for the Typhon rear shocks for use in the Front.
IMG_2321.jpeg

Ended up using the shorter but more tightly sprung spring on the Mojave shock.
The stock Mojave springs have too much Spring in them for the height. The Stock Typhon spring was too weak.
And I put in 6000cst in with the stock 1x4 pistons.
This is better.
Typhon Shocks.jpg

Stock Katar and Bandito MT Belt 2.8 - doesn't handle so well this way LOL!
IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

Stock Katars and Bandito C2
IMG_2310.jpeg

Is that BATMAN?!

IMG_2312.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

HA - She Hates them!
IMG_2315.jpeg

And Hoons arent tires. They're rims with some rubber wrapped around them!
Extra Bumpy Mode engaged with these.

IMG_2322.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, technically it is a Kraton. It has a Mojave chassis and shock towers now but still has K6 EXB arms, hubs, dog bones and also has 20mm hub extenders.
I think technically it is a Mojave. Way longer than a Kraton. I have a similar setup using a shortened Limitless body. Mjo chassis and Kraton arm. Used the front Mojo Tower and the Rear kraton tower. Kraton shocks all around.
Can't really say what it is. Maybe a 1/7-1/6 Buggy of sorts??
But to me it drives more like a Mojave. The XLWB really changes it from a Kraton. The longer chassis really changes its weight bias. So to me handles more like a widened Mojo.

Lots of great advice in this thread👍, another Wheel/Tire option would be the SRC VHT Crusher Slicks. I ended up getting these to try out since they're significantly lighter than the other SRC versions. Mine have held up really well, and the wheel design looks great IMO. I've also ran the 1/5th scale GRP's with the hub adapters for almost 4 years now in both the S3 and S5 compounds, and those lasted much longer than I expected on my Typhon 6S and my older Senton 6S. My current favorite though has to be the Jetko Supersonic 3.8's with the smaller sidewall as previously mentioned in this thread. The grip's good, they're lightweight, and they have replaceable hubs, and you also have the option to run them with either a 1/2 Inch or zero Offset. Here's a few pics of the SRC VHT Crusher Slicks on a Talion EXB👍

Talion EXB with SRC VHT Crushers 1.jpg

Talion EXB with SRC VHT Crushers.jpg

Lots of great advice in this thread👍, another Wheel/Tire option would be the SRC VHT Crusher Slicks. I ended up getting these to try out since they're significantly lighter than the other SRC versions. Mine have held up really well, and the wheel design looks great IMO. I've also ran the 1/5th scale GRP's with the hub adapters for almost 4 years now in both the S3 and S5 compounds, and those lasted much longer than I expected on my Typhon 6S and my older Senton 6S. My current favorite though has to be the Jetko Supersonic 3.8's with the smaller sidewall as previously mentioned in this thread. The grip's good, they're lightweight, and they have replaceable hubs, and you also have the option to run them with either a 1/2 Inch or zero Offset. Here's a few pics of the SRC VHT Crusher Slicks on a Talion EXB👍

View attachment 226602

View attachment 226603
Now those are nice and they "only" weigh 264 grams compared to the regular ones at 330. I might have to try those out too. I like to keep the tire weight below 300/wheel. I love the way Sweeps look and handle. Thanks for the post.

So I just saw a Youtube Vid earlier today that's showing some brand new Jetko releases that look like they could possibly be some great options to go with in the near future. The Black Pheonix 4.0 SMT's look absolutely insane :oops::oops::oops: Definitely planning on grabbing a few sets of these, hopefully they're released in the near future:unsure::unsure: If these are anything like the Low Profile Jetko SuperSonic 3.8's they should be really good IMO, hopefully they will be relatively lightweight. The 4.0 SMT versions look like they use the same offset hubs as the Jetko 3.8 wheels/tires. Here's the YouTube Vid I saw, I'm also including a Pic that includes the Part Number. Hope this helps(y)👍

Jetko Black Pheonix 4.0 SMT.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back