Raider street tires for Raider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6678.JPG
Cool man! These are the ones I am running on the front. The are a proline dirthawg but way to small for the rear. Great for the front! I would like to see a picture of those dirt hawg wheels your talking about for the rear of the raider. I was struggling to find anything that is big enough. This will be the first time I buy in mounted tires so I don't know much about the foam types inside the tire. I'm sure that a softer foam would be better for racing in corners and grip but I'm going for speed so I think a medium foam would work best, to prevent ballooning. But that's just a thought. Happy trigger squeezing buddy :)

View attachment 3074 Cool man! These are the ones I am running on the front. The are a proline dirthawg but way to small for the rear. Great for the front! I would like to see a picture of those dirt hawg wheels your talking about for the rear of the raider. I was struggling to find anything that is big enough. This will be the first time I buy in mounted tires so I don't know much about the foam types inside the tire. I'm sure that a softer foam would be better for racing in corners and grip but I'm going for speed so I think a medium foam would work best, to prevent ballooning. But that's just a thought. Happy trigger squeezing buddy :)

Ah, pics are worth so much! Now I see what you mean with running fat tires in the front. When I popped the fat Traxxas Anacondas on the rear of the Raider, I moved the stock rear D-Boots to the front. I had some serious over-steering issues, couldn't make a u-turn with less than a 10 foot diameter. I decided to go with "buggy tires" on all 4 corners, all designed for 1:10 and with the brushless upgrade, dropped in a smaller pinion gear. The one test run I took at night on the street really felt good. I think I've got a good combo on Her now!

Ah, pics are worth so much! Now I see what you mean with running fat tires in the front. When I popped the fat Traxxas Anacondas on the rear of the Raider, I moved the stock rear D-Boots to the front. I had some serious over-steering issues, couldn't make a u-turn with less than a 10 foot diameter. I decided to go with "buggy tires" on all 4 corners, all designed for 1:10 and with the brushless upgrade, dropped in a smaller pinion gear. The one test run I took at night on the street really felt good. I think I've got a good combo on Her now!

I've always stuck with 1/10 buggy tires on my Raider mega (brushless converted) and so far I think the dirt hawgs have been the best.

@Steve what pinion you go down to? I havn't messed with gearing yet.

Last edited:
I have been running a 22T pinion and 57T spur and have had no issues with my spur stripping or motor/esc overheating. I'm also running a velineon system in it with 2s lipo. It will do about 70km/hour with the dirt hawgs on the rear. I'm thinking with the new street tires on the rear I'll be closer to 80 km/hour. We will see in a few days hopefully when they arrive.

I've always stuck with 1/10 buggy tires on my Raider mega (brushless converted) and so far I think the dirt hawgs have been the best.

@Steve what pinion you go down to? I havn't messed with gearing yet.

Hey @Rdub ,
I left the spur gear, changed the pinion from, I believe stock is 22T, down to 18T. While the 22T had good top end, as a basher, I prefer the acceleration and "getting outta the hole" of the lower gearing. With this reduction, I am no longer popping the front wheels over the rear which ends in skidding on the roof.
On 2S LiPos, I can hit trigger much harder now and keep the front wheels down enough to maintain steering.
At same time, with tool kit and paper gauge out, I dropped the Vorteks from 18T to 15T with same results [actually just moved the 18T over].

Hey @Rdub ,
I left the spur gear, changed the pinion from, I believe stock is 22T, down to 18T. While the 22T had good top end, as a basher, I prefer the acceleration and "getting outta the hole" of the lower gearing. With this reduction, I am no longer popping the front wheels over the rear which ends in skidding on the roof.
On 2S LiPos, I can hit trigger much harder now and keep the front wheels down enough to maintain steering.
At same time, with tool kit and paper gauge out, I dropped the Vorteks from 18T to 15T with same results [actually just moved the 18T over].

Yeah that would prob work better for me too. The curbs come up real quick so top speed isn't really useful where I'm running. And the backyard grass sessions are just to give the dog a different kind of excercise! Lol. She hasn't gotten a hold of it yet, but sure loves chasing it around.

Yeah that would prob work better for me too. The curbs come up real quick so top speed isn't really useful where I'm running. And the backyard grass sessions are just to give the dog a different kind of excercise! Lol. She hasn't gotten a hold of it yet, but sure loves chasing it around.

Man I was red to share how lucky I feel to live in a place that has curbs like this all down my street. They are an RC saver. Also make great ramps.

IMG_6888.JPG

View attachment 3074 Cool man! These are the ones I am running on the front. The are a proline dirthawg but way to small for the rear. Great for the front! I would like to see a picture of those dirt hawg wheels your talking about for the rear of the raider. I was struggling to find anything that is big enough. This will be the first time I buy in mounted tires so I don't know much about the foam types inside the tire. I'm sure that a softer foam would be better for racing in corners and grip but I'm going for speed so I think a medium foam would work best, to prevent ballooning. But that's just a thought. Happy trigger squeezing buddy :)

The dirt hawgs I put on my 1/10 raider were meant for 1/10 buggy, but they were taller than the stock tires by about 1/4 - 3/8". For the XL Raider you may want to go with a dirt hawg meant for a short course truck. I'm sure they would be bigger than the dBoot that came with it.

Fast froward this to the actual running and watch this teeny pup do some serious RC chasing! LOL!
These guys guys got me started on this hobby, with their early Arrma Raider YTs.

So my sc street fighter tires today! I have them installed and they look really great. They are super sticky and should grip pavement well. Really nice pattern and fairly deep tread. It has blue foam insert which feel soft. The only flaw really is that they don't look wide enough. But I'm sure they will work great on the pavement. I will try lowering my rear ride height because it has a lean.
IMG_6898.JPG

IMG_6899.JPG

So I tested them out on pavement and they worked like a charm. Fair amount of ballooning and maximum grip. This thing comes out of corners and doesn't slide nearly as much in the rear end when turning. They worked great with jumps. Great cushioning. Almost too much, as they launch a lot higher into the air. I feel that the car is more stable jumping with these tires. Also way more stable on the road. I am unable to pull a wheelie with the pinion and 57t spur. Which isn't terrible because I would rather not wheelie everywhere. But great traction for a thinner tread width.

Its garbage day here and I ended up hitting one of the trash cans near the curn. I pulled the pin through the front frame. Pin is a bit bent. That sucks. I will probably just glue it back together. It was fun tho :)

IMG_6902.JPG

All in all I would say they are good tires. I will give an update on the wear on them when I use them a bit more. So far I would give them maybe 8.5/10.

So my sc street fighter tires today! I have them installed and they look really great. They are super sticky and should grip pavement well. Really nice pattern and fairly deep tread. It has blue foam insert which feel soft. The only flaw really is that they don't look wide enough. But I'm sure they will work great on the pavement. I will try lowering my rear ride height because it has a lean.
View attachment 3141

View attachment 3142

So I tested them out on pavement and they worked like a charm. Fair amount of ballooning and maximum grip. This thing comes out of corners and doesn't slide nearly as much in the rear end when turning. They worked great with jumps. Great cushioning. Almost too much, as they launch a lot higher into the air. I feel that the car is more stable jumping with these tires. Also way more stable on the road. I am unable to pull a wheelie with the pinion and 57t spur. Which isn't terrible because I would rather not wheelie everywhere. But great traction for a thinner tread width.

Its garbage day here and I ended up hitting one of the trash cans near the curn. I pulled the pin through the front frame. Pin is a bit bent. That sucks. I will probably just glue it back together. It was fun tho :)

View attachment 3143

All in all I would say they are good tires. I will give an update on the wear on them when I use them a bit more. So far I would give them maybe 8.5/10.

Thx for the great share and supporting pic @JBlazer !
I couldn't help but notice we have the same asphalt scars on our Raiders, LOL!
Kewl on the tires, giving you the cornering you were looking for.
I'm assuming you are running the 57T on a 1:10 Raider? Not the 1:8?

Thx for the great share and supporting pic @JBlazer !
I couldn't help but notice we have the same asphalt scars on our Raiders, LOL!
Kewl on the tires, giving you the cornering you were looking for.
I'm assuming you are running the 57T on a 1:10 Raider? Not the 1:8?
Lol which scars ? That's funny.

So I took off my pinion and counted the teeth becuase it doesn't say the size. i have to say I made an error in a previous post. I am running a 18t pinion and 54t spur. Sorry for the confusion

IMG_6919.JPG

Lol which scars ? That's funny.

So I took off my pinion and counted the teeth becuase it doesn't say the size. i have to say I made an error in a previous post. I am running a 18t pinion and 54t spur. Sorry for the confusion

View attachment 3214

The 3rd and 4th scars to the left...

54 on the spur gear, wow! You are really chasing some top-end!
Any ideas on how many MPH's?

I know these are not street tires but does anyone know if these would fit:https://www.amazon.ca/BQLZR-Front-S...&qid=1493925604&sr=8-11&keywords=Rc+car+tires

Yes they will.
Only issue I ever had with [assuming they are china import] non-name brand wheels was at the hex, it was ultra deep.
It caused the wheel to sit so close to the hub, it locked up and would not spin.
The good news is, the fix was a trip to the hardware store away. I simple put a washer or 2 inside the hex, which moved the wheel out just enough to spin freely.
I see they put the dimensions under product description.
Bump those numbers up against the DBoots numbers and you'll know if you are going bigger, smaller or same.
$20? Good gamble, go for it!
Don't forget to order glue.

Thanks for the advice! And another dumb question, would crazy glue or some other type of adhesive work instead of tire glue?

Thanks for the advice! And another dumb question, would crazy glue or some other type of adhesive work instead of tire glue?
You know the old adage, the only dumb question...
Hey, lots of guys, especially the bashers, use Krazy glue.
I use the tire glue, bought it to get my Tower cart to the next discount coupon level.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back