Raider street tires for Raider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntm10308

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
  3. Raider
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Vorteks
Hi,
I am looking for some decent tires for driving on concrete and asphalt. Any suggestions which tires will fit the stock rims?

Thanks

Thanks. Will those tires fit on the stock raider rims or do I have to buy new rims as well?

Thanks. Those are the ones I went with. So far so good.

Thanks.Let me know how they fit.
Wheels arrived Monday, glued them up last night, tested today [only a 2000 NimH], they're alright!
For 15 clams? Work well in the street, for a guy who's used to bouncing all over in the dirt. With the reduced dia of the rear wheels, the front wheels aren't climbing to the sky, no more skidding down the street on the roof. I've only done a few test runs on asphalt with dirt tires so control is a joke. With the street tires, the cornering was tight, low and high speeds, didn't flip once in 10 minute run. Just did a few ovals and figure 8's under the street light.
Anyway, this is less the 4 bucks a corner! One caution, the hex on the rim is deep, so deep it caused the rim to bind and lock. A #8 washer out of the fastener organizer as a spacer and the wheels spun free and fast.
A hearty thumb's up n this cheapie eBay deal! And delivery was pretty quick, ordered Sunday Jan 24, the mailbox Monday, Feb 1. The blue tint is reflection off my shirt, lol!

IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG
IMG_0358.JPG

Wheels arrived Monday, glued them up last night, tested today [only a 2000 NiMh], they're alright!
For 15 clams? Work well in the street, for a guy who's used to bouncing all over in the dirt. With the reduced dia of the rear wheels, the front wheels aren't climbing to the sky, no more skidding down the street on the roof. I've only done a few test runs on asphalt with dirt tires so control is a joke. With the street tires, the cornering was tight, low and high speeds, didn't flip once in 10 minute run. Just did a few ovals and figure 8's under the street light.
Anyway, this is less the 4 bucks a corner! One caution, the hex on the rim is deep, so deep it caused the rim to bind and lock. A #8 washer out of the fastener organizer as a spacer and the wheels spun free and fast.
A hearty thumb's up n this cheapie eBay deal! And delivery was pretty quick, ordered Sunday Jan 24, the mailbox Monday, Feb 1. The blue tint is reflection off my shirt, lol!

View attachment 757 View attachment 758 View attachment 759
Keep us posted on how well these hold up on the Arrma Raider!

i'm looking for some street tyres, but i am new at this. and i really don't know what to get cause there are so many kinds. And problem is that the raider XL BLX is 1/8 with the small hex nuts. My old nitro car is also 1/8 but i cannot fir thise because of the difference in the center nut.

(sorry, i am finding it hard to explain the problem)

i'm looking for some street tyres, but i am new at this. and i really don't know what to get cause there are so many kinds. And problem is that the raider XL BLX is 1/8 with the small hex nuts. My old nitro car is also 1/8 but i cannot fir thise because of the difference in the center nut.

(sorry, i am finding it hard to explain the problem)

Let's toss out a few numbers, makes it easier for me.
To my knowledge, the 1/10 vehicles have 12mm hex and the 1/8 have 17mm hex.
Are you saying your Raider has 12 or 17?
My Raider is 1/10, has 12 mm hex.
I'm kicking myself for not thinking of getting a 12mm to 17mm adapter at say eBay, then use the 1/8 street tires with the 17mm hex.
Then I'd have the taller wheels I prefer.
Does that help?

Last edited:
I just ordered the SC10 street fighter tires from tower hobbies. Width: 1.83 Outer diameter: 4.27 Mounting bead 2.2x3. I hope they work good on the pavement. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAPES

View attachment 3051

And these rims that will fit. They are SC10 12mm hex 3x1.6 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBATV&P=M
View attachment 3052

Il let you guys know how they work when I get them and have them installed. Hoping for the best.

What are you putting them on?
BTW, I love my Pro-Line Dirt Hawgs, have a set for the Raider and another larger set for the Vorteks.

What are you putting them on?
BTW, I love my Pro-Line Dirt Hawgs, have a set for the Raider and another larger set for the Vorteks.
Well Steve this is a thread about street tires for the raider. I forgot to include that in my post. But they have been ordered for my arrma raider xl. I have 1/16 set of dirt hawgs for the front which help grip pavement a lot! Also it helps keep my steering straighter. I also have a pair of dirt hawg II which I wore of the rear. They worked well but would like to try something new this time.

Well Steve this is a thread about street tires for the raider. I forgot to include that in my post. But they have been ordered for my arrma raider xl. I have 1/16 set of dirt hawgs for the front which help grip pavement a lot! Also it helps keep my steering straighter. I also have a pair of dirt hawg II which I wore of the rear. They worked well but would like to try something new this time.
While ProLine calls them "Dirt Hawgs", [they have a few tread patterns I believe] the ones I picked up for the Raider really have more of a street look, at least to me.
Being of minimal knowledge in the area of RC tires, I somehow got the white foam, which as I understand, the white being the softer foam is more geared to the racers versus the dark foam, which is geared to the bashers like me.
I've yet to see how these puppies perform, as Arizona's heat has only recently broke, [my RC season is the fall/winter/early spring] so they should get tested soon! Or so I hope, I miss squeezing the Tx trigger!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back