Outcast Strengthening the Outcast body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fahd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey everyone. Just picked up an Outcast. (Went to the local hobby store to purchase everything to convert my 20 year old Stampede from brushed to brushless, left with an Outcast and a still-brushed Stampede. haha) I've only run it once, and it was by the headlights of my truck at 11PM...but these things are an absolute blast.

Anyway...

I'm looking for ways to strengthen the body of my Outcast because I think this body is the best looking, stock or otherwise, on the market. It's what first caught my eye.

I'm thinking of trying this carbon fiber vinyl wrap and was wondering if anyone here has tried it. I've watched a youtube video of someone wrapping the outside of their RC, but I'm thinking that if I wrap the inside, it will offer a lot of strength and, in a way, add flexibility.

Anyone else tried it? Thoughts?

Hey everyone. Just picked up an Outcast. (Went to the local hobby store to purchase everything to convert my 20 year old Stampede from brushed to brushless, left with an Outcast and a still-brushed Stampede. haha) I've only run it once, and it was by the headlights of my truck at 11PM...but these things are an absolute blast.

Anyway...

I'm looking for ways to strengthen the body of my Outcast because I think this body is the best looking, stock or otherwise, on the market. It's what first caught my eye.

I'm thinking of trying this carbon fiber vinyl wrap and was wondering if anyone here has tried it. I've watched a youtube video of someone wrapping the outside of their RC, but I'm thinking that if I wrap the inside, it will offer a lot of strength and, in a way, add flexibility.

Looks good bra!!
Have you tried it yet ??

Not yet. Too much cold weather and snow up here lately. I work in the woods and mud season is coming up, so I've been working some crazy hours. I'm beginning to wonder if my wife and kids remember who I am. Haha

Anyway...

I've used that vinyl wrap on my Subie,mirrors,grill trim etc.
It's not true CF,just a vinyl print to resemble carbon fiber....and not all that strong.
This is what I've been using lately,it's cheap and readily available....plain old strapping tape used for shipping boxes.
Here's what it looks like on my Bug body.

CIMG3870.JPG

Yeah, I know it's not actually carbon fiber. Just vinyl with a carbon fiber look. The CF was more an aesthetic thing for me, the vinyl strength being what I questioned. Being attached and then heatshrunk onto the body makes me thing it will do well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back