Senton Stress Testing BLX-185 ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Let me get this off the bat, I don’t recommend you do this as a matter of fact I recommend you do not do this ever. This new BLX 185 esc and motor makes this truck a rocket. It flies on 6s. But if I have a friend over I’ll drive my revo and hand him the remote to my senton. I wanted to see how much you can push the capacitors on the esc, so I put in a completely garbage battery (onyx 6400mah 3s) and used the jumper for the other cable. I do not recommend onyx batteries, they suck. Bad. Here’s a photo:
E016141A-A429-472D-BABA-64E0AC757DD7.jpeg
I do not recommend these batteries. They all have poor performance. But the point of this test is to see if the esc will blow using a garbage battery. The esc did not blow using this garbage battery today. I ran it for 15 minutes basically full throttle. Here’s a boring clip of what I was doing to see this esc’s strength.
The battery got to 145 degrees R.I.P. I guess better luck next time still charged correctly and suffered minor puffage. Overall that’s one myth busted. This low quality 25c crapbox of a battery did not kill the esc or heat it up much at all. I give arrma thumbs up for durable esc. It’s like my mxl 6s. I just don’t like the throttle curve though. Can someone tell me exactly what esc this even is? Seems like one of hobbywing’s 6s quickruns just a big fan?

Ran my four day old senton on two traxxas 3s 25c 5000mah batteries that were about two months old and about 15 cycles each and this happened. Won't ever run lower than the recommended c rating ever again, lesson learned. Batteries didn't hold up and one popped, instant fire.
20170405_152123.jpg
20170405_152131.jpg

Yikes I have a small stash of 2s traxxas lipos I run 2 of those packs in my notorious for 4s Haven't burnt up my car yet :\ Sure hope I don't have that issue.. Going to risk it cause I don't have enough non traxxas cells to run 4s in the car atm.

I wish I could unload these fuckin traxxas cells tbh there not bad but ^^ I don't wanna see that happen to my notorious either.

May just save all the traxxas poop for my slash since there all 2s and just buy new 4s cells.

Ran my four day old senton on two traxxas 3s 25c 5000mah batteries that were about two months old and about 15 cycles each and this happened. Won't ever run lower than the recommended c rating ever again, lesson learned. Batteries didn't hold up and one popped, instant fire. View attachment 27832View attachment 27833

Any damage to the chassis and/or components?

Ran my four day old senton on two traxxas 3s 25c 5000mah batteries that were about two months old and about 15 cycles each and this happened. Won't ever run lower than the recommended c rating ever again, lesson learned. Batteries didn't hold up and one popped, instant fire. View attachment 27832View attachment 27833
Dang man. Defective esc’s suck! Thank god that blx 180 is out the window... way too many smoke shows! I’ve had my fair share of fires too. Most with older MMM esc’s. Moisture in the air does them in I guess. I guess we’ll get the final answer if this mxl-6s pops or not, because I don’t have any problems with waterproof esc’s.

Dang man. Defective esc’s suck! Thank god that blx 180 is out the window... way too many smoke shows! I’ve had my fair share of fires too. Most with older MMM esc’s. Moisture in the air does them in I guess. I guess we’ll get the final answer if this mxl-6s pops or not, because I don’t have any problems with waterproof esc’s.
Wasn't a detective ESC in my case here, running the blx 185 system. It was using 25c rated batteries. Car ran great for about ten minutes then stopped dead in its tracks, poof, instant fireball. Minimal damage other than body because of quick reflexes from watching my $400 car burn..... Lol. Was able to fix cheap and still running the same ESC and motor now for over a year, still going strong.

Wasn't a detective ESC in my case here, running the blx 185 system. It was using 25c rated batteries. Car ran great for about ten minutes then stopped dead in its tracks, poof, instant fireball. Minimal damage other than body because of quick reflexes from watching my $400 car burn..... Lol. Was able to fix cheap and still running the same ESC and motor now for over a year, still going strong.
I tried some of those in my outcast. Lasted one run and one puffed. I still use the other in my ejato. It's too long for my stampede 4x4.

Yikes I have a small stash of 2s traxxas lipos I run 2 of those packs in my notorious for 4s Haven't burnt up my car yet :\ Sure hope I don't have that issue.. Going to risk it cause I don't have enough non traxxas cells to run 4s in the car atm.

I wish I could unload these fuckin traxxas cells tbh there not bad but ^^ I don't wanna see that happen to my notorious either.

May just save all the traxxas poop for my slash since there all 2s and just buy new 4s cells.
I was running two traxxas 3s 25c 5000mah batteries in my senton when this happened because they were the only 3s batteries I had and wanted to see what it would do on 6s. The difference between those and the two gensacearespammers 2s 50c 5000mah I usually run wasn't much that I noticed. Guess the c rating does make a difference to an extent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back