Stretch typhon 6s /gt conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
  2. Typhon 6s
20230113_164243.jpg
well I finally have enuff to start my stretched typhon build so here goes nothing. Got a typhon 6s v5 going on a mojave chassis, from my understanding its the longest wheel base chassis so it will be the most stable for speed runs. Its gonna be 8s with castle xlx 2 esc and castle 2028 1700kv. Got hot racing limitless shock towers and shocks to swap out. An m2c racing front and rear chassis brace and perfect pass monster servo. Proline badlands for messing around and gone bananas foam tires for speed runs. Futaba gyc441 gyro, futaba receiver, and futaba 4pm transmitter. Also have the castle link kit and qs8 connectors. Well that's it for the goodies for now if you can think of anything I missed please feel free to let me know. don't have it yet but I plan on adding carbon fiber side to it and making it into a gt just needed the chassis here to take measurements. Open for suggestions on the gearing if you wanna help.

Man that thing is going to be a super rocket with that motor. I have a smaller motor and it's a rocket already. Looking forward to seeing your finished build!

You may want to consider running a Pinocchio spool in the center instead of a regular diff. W/ the mojave chassis I think your rear center driveshaft will be REALLY long & may cause you problems w/ vibrations & oscillation. Just a thought. Can't wait to see your progress!!😃👍🤘

You may want to consider running a Pinocchio spool in the center instead of a regular diff. W/ the mojave chassis I think your rear center driveshaft will be REALLY long & may cause you problems w/ vibrations & oscillation. Just a thought. Can't wait to see your progress!!😃👍🤘
Thnx for the help 🤙im looking at one from scorched right now. The one for the mojave will work right, just wanna be sure, 110 bucks is a gud chunk but its all titanium and will strengthen things and help with vibrations so its worth it. I look at it pay once now or twice later

Forgot to mention im a complete noob 😆 🤣 as you will soon find out. Forgot about the motor mount lol it want fit but honestly I was looking for an excuse to get the roto lok motor mount lol its solid aluminum no plastic bs. Also its universal for all motors as well as the mount spins so you can put your wires were needed. Couple more question for all the speed runners, what oil u putting in the rear center and front and should I buy carbon side skirts or order a plate of carbon and cut it myself. Thnx in advance you guys plus all the help and advice I've received so far I greatly appreciate it 💪🙏

20230113_231657.jpg
well didnt make much progress 😔 got the typhon stripped down and front and rear assembly put on the mojave chassis as well as the motor mount and center diff but they are gonna come back off because I need a new center spool and motor mount to accommodate a 1/5 scale motor. Also swapped out shock tower and removed shocks aswell as the standoffs to be replaced by limitless towers and shocks and bigger round standoff. I think my shocks come in tomorrow so ill keep yall updated 👊

Might as well add the scorched rotolock mount to your scorched order LOL
PPS is an excellent choice also and US based.

What do you have in mind for the GT setup? I would highly recommend cutting your teeth with GRP soft compound tires. Foams are rather difficult to learn on.

Might as well add the scorched rotolock mount to your scorched order LOL
PPS is an excellent choice also and US based.

What do you have in mind for the GT setup? I would highly recommend cutting your teeth with GRP soft compound tires. Foams are rather difficult to learn on.
I got the roto lok motor mount lol loved the versatility of it. The foams where all I got for speed but im gonna get the ones you recommended to start off with till I can get some runs under my belt. I just wanna see how fast I can go. Wished I knew about possible before they have sum great looking mounts plus I like the switch mount. Ill keep them in mind if I ever go with dual mounted motors

Ok so I made a very stupid and expensive mistake. The mojave chassis is tapered 🤭 and overall skinnier than the limitless. Should have just bought a limitless it would have been alot easier and cheaper. I got my side skirts in today and noticed they were not wide enuff to line up with the outside edge off the tire and worst its like I said tapered so the rear sticks out further than the front of the side skirt. Can't believe I didnt ever notice 😔 😭🤬😭🤬 maybe a break on this not sure how long till I can figure out what im gonna do

Last edited:
I would have just used the talion or typhon sides though they don't go whole length of chassis they sure look better imo 🤣

Forgot to mention im a complete noob 😆 🤣 as you will soon find out. Forgot about the motor mount lol it want fit but honestly I was looking for an excuse to get the roto lok motor mount lol its solid aluminum no plastic bs. Also its universal for all motors as well as the mount spins so you can put your wires were needed. Couple more question for all the speed runners, what oil u putting in the rear center and front and should I buy carbon side skirts or order a plate of carbon and cut it myself. Thnx in advance you guys plus all the help and advice I've received so far I greatly appreciate it 💪🙏
With the spool you won't be needing diff fluid in the center. As for the front and rear, I'd go with something like 50k front / 30k rear to start with. Diff fluid viscosity is less important when you have a spool installed (it's not really all that important in the context of speed running imho) as it restricts front/rear diff action by its very nature since it locks the front and rear rotationally.

I would just make the CF side skirts myself. It'll cost you a lot less and you can make them to your own specs.

20230122_114342.jpg
gonna be alot longer than I thought, ordered it a week ago finally posted a couple days ago and its been sitting there with a delay warning ⚠️ and no explanation. May end up scratching the project anyway. Its been a money pit and im constantly having to change things to make it work. Constantly having to add parts, should have gone with a limitless. Learn from my mistakes 😆 🤣

Speedrunning is definitely a money pit. Goodluck on you build, you have a ton of nice parts. Look forward to seeing the finished result. I'd definitely run it on 3 or 4s first one you get it going. You can go surprisingly fast on 4s.

20230124_162310.jpg
finally reached the states!!! My Pinocchio spool and loktek motor mount from scorched rc.Gives me hope for my other oder titanium diff cups and curved scissors. After it comes in I can finally start mapping out where everything is gonna go.
Screenshot_20230124-104217_eBay.jpg
also got this, since the chassis width is tapered and regular skirts won't be even front to back I got this sheet of carbon fiber to custom make one to fit. Where there's a will there's a way.

You must have ordered from scorched after the big post service melt down. I ordered stuff December 8th and it’s still over there. Emailed on Monday last week and they told me to get ahold of them at the end of the week if nothing changed. Got ahold of them at the end of the week and they said keep waiting, not real impressed with their customer service with this deal.

View attachment 272114gonna be alot longer than I thought, ordered it a week ago finally posted a couple days ago and its been sitting there with a delay warning ⚠️ and no explanation. May end up scratching the project anyway. Its been a money pit and im constantly having to change things to make it work. Constantly having to add parts, should have gone with a limitless. Learn from my mistakes 😆 🤣
Be patient..builds take time.. rushing will only cause you to miss something.been on my build for months now..I have work and a family .I have to juggle my time around .best thing to do is take a deep breath walk away and go back at it when you can .mean while waiting for parts .you have a new body cover sitting there..think of a color or colors and think about ideas .if you can't come up with a plan then we have this wonderful thing called google..search what others have done ..ideas .🤟😁👍 Good luck ..you'll get there .time and dedication and patience and yes money .. good luck .can't wait to see it done

You must have ordered from scorched after the big post service melt down. I ordered stuff December 8th and it’s still over there. Emailed on Monday last week and they told me to get ahold of them at the end of the week if nothing changed. Got ahold of them at the end of the week and they said keep waiting, not real impressed with their customer service with this deal.
I cant remember when I ordered it but it wasn't as long ago as ur order

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back