Stretched nero

Arrma or Taxx-as

• Arrma

• Taxx-as

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jond10240

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Granite
  4. Nero
Just started my stretched nero w/ diff brain project. I picked up a set of lengthened twin vertical frame plates off ebay for about $80. They are 66mm longer then original. Im waiting on 2 axle driveshaft tubes to replace the center driveshaft tubes as the originals are now too short. My steering linkage is already modified. Over all its coming together pretty good. I'm also making my own suspension arms from a piece of 3/8 aluminium plate. I cant wait to show those off. My question. Anyone else have any stretched arrma projects to share? I'm curious what kind of solutions the creative rc community has come up with for the problems on a project like this.

20170818_212816.jpg

Attachments

• 20170823_014150.jpg
    20170823_014150.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 20170823_014157.jpg
    20170823_014157.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 145
A couple of things...
First, do you know that GPM Racing makes aluminum suspension arms for the Nero? While I am sure you will have a lot of fun making them yourself I just figured I would mention that they are available out there.
Second, from seeing your picture of the underside of your Nero have you done any work with a 3D printer or do you know anyone who has? If so you might look into 3D printing some skid plate extensions to fill in those gaps. Especially the one by the motor to keep out more of the dirt and whatever else you might drive over. Or maybe even just printing a whole entire new center skid plate that is longer. It shouldn't be that hard to design and with sites like ShapeWays and TinkerCad it should be that hard to get it printed either. Even easier if you or someone you know owns a 3D printer.
I look forward to seeing more of your truck and what you are doing with it. Have you picked out a body for it yet or do they even make a body that will fit it now?

I remember setting off on a similar project in my HPI Nitro Rush days. It's a good time, and a ton of work.

A ton of work is right, but that's why I started my stretched nero project. I enjoyed the brainstorming and seeing it some to fruition. Im going to pair up my chassis to Axial's Yeti xl frame, along with two front bulkheads for four wheel steering. I'm about 90% complete with the project. I will try to keep you updated. I haven't tried uploading pics to this forum, but I'll have to look into that.

I wish I had all my old pictures, when I was done with this thing. This was only phase one, where I had made an engine upgrade to an unheard of .21 in a 1/10 scale (at the time) http://rushmovieman.tripod.com/rushacksmovies/id4.html. I also installed bellcrank steering (it used to be directly off the servo). My first DIY aluminum parts were seen with the 3 layer bottom chassis and front shock tower.

When I was done with it, I had made 1/4" 6061 upper and lower chassis, and shock towers in shop class at school.

Almost done. Sorry for taking soo long to reply. Over the weekend I will share some pics. Suspension arms took forever but after a nice paint job you cant tell that they are any different. Other then that ALOT of aluminum is everywhere.

A couple of things...
First, do you know that GPM Racing makes aluminum suspension arms for the Nero? While I am sure you will have a lot of fun making them yourself I just figured I would mention that they are available out there.
Second, from seeing your picture of the underside of your Nero have you done any work with a 3D printer or do you know anyone who has? If so you might look into 3D printing some skid plate extensions to fill in those gaps. Especially the one by the motor to keep out more of the dirt and whatever else you might drive over. Or maybe even just printing a whole entire new center skid plate that is longer. It shouldn't be that hard to design and with sites like ShapeWays and TinkerCad it should be that hard to get it printed either. Even easier if you or someone you know owns a 3D printer.
I look forward to seeing more of your truck and what you are doing with it. Have you picked out a body for it yet or do they even make a body that will fit it now?
I installed the GPM A-ARMS on my Big Rock and thry are really nice, weight less than the plastic ones but very strong. Also have Hot Racing HD axles

I wish I had all my old pictures, when I was done with this thing. This was only phase one, where I had made an engine upgrade to an unheard of .21 in a 1/10 scale (at the time) http://rushmovieman.tripod.com/rushacksmovies/id4.html. I also installed bellcrank steering (it used to be directly off the servo). My first DIY aluminum parts were seen with the 3 layer bottom chassis and front shock tower.

When I was done with it, I had made 1/4" 6061 upper and lower chassis, and shock towers in shop class at school.
I remember , we were putting .21's into Nitro GT's, as well as others, like 20 years ago. twisting the chassis so much power...!!

I installed the GPM A-ARMS on my Big Rock and thry are really nice, weight less than the plastic ones but very strong. Also have Hot Racing HD axles

gotta pic, aluminum arms aren't really the best, load up on hinge pins, and others, best advise I can give you, its more a bling bling thing.....RPM would be nice, but they don't care for the arrma market as I posted email already!!

Now they axels id be in treated in looking at?

My ALLOY A-ARMS have been holding up just like I hoped .th t only problem I have is I gotta get the front and rear poepo output either evened out or more going to the rear because ever since I installed the app MAX6 ESC AND HobbyStar 4092 1480kv motor, I installed a 26T pinion and I still think I need a bigger one but way too much power to the front on 8S, but intense .It's going to take playing with different fluid thickness in all 3 i believe, that'll be time consuming but it will be badass!!! I am going to have to get the stretched chassis as well

Back