Typhon Stretched TLR Typhon 6S with Castle X 8S/1650kv, what size pinion?

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Hi guys,

I have a stretched TLR Typhon with Castle X 8S/1650kv combo with 6S and wondering what size pinion I should run? Setup for speed runs but I’m not familiar with this car as I have a Limitless for speed runs…currently has a 25 tooth pinion, is this a good starting point? Let’s assume I want to achieve 100mph for now :)

Thanks 🙏

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
Hi guys,

I have a stretched TLR Typhon with Castle X 8S/1650kv combo with 6S and wondering what size pinion I should run? Setup for speed runs but I’m not familiar with this car as I have a Limitless for speed runs…currently has a 25 tooth pinion, is this a good starting point? Let’s assume I want to achieve 100mph for now :)

Thanks 🙏

Assuming you are using the stock 50T spur and Hoons. https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

1671180165993.png

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon TLR
Assuming stock 50T spur and 100mm tires, you’d need a pinion north of 40T to reach 100mph. And a pinion that size won’t fit.

I’d recommend buying a smaller spur gear and also learning how to use a gearing app or site.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Assuming stock 50T spur and 100mm tires, you’d need a pinion north of 40T to reach 100mph. And a pinion that size won’t fit.

I’d recommend buying a smaller spur gear and also learning how to use a gearing app or site.
Thanks 🙏
It’s running a Vitavon centre transmission so I think it will accommodate a 40t pinion