Typhon Stretched TLR Typhon 6S with Castle X 8S/1650kv, what size pinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Hi guys,

I have a stretched TLR Typhon with Castle X 8S/1650kv combo with 6S and wondering what size pinion I should run? Setup for speed runs but I’m not familiar with this car as I have a Limitless for speed runs…currently has a 25 tooth pinion, is this a good starting point? Let’s assume I want to achieve 100mph for now :)

Thanks 🙏

Hi guys,

I have a stretched TLR Typhon with Castle X 8S/1650kv combo with 6S and wondering what size pinion I should run? Setup for speed runs but I’m not familiar with this car as I have a Limitless for speed runs…currently has a 25 tooth pinion, is this a good starting point? Let’s assume I want to achieve 100mph for now :)

Thanks 🙏

Assuming you are using the stock 50T spur and Hoons. https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

1671180165993.png

Assuming stock 50T spur and 100mm tires, you’d need a pinion north of 40T to reach 100mph. And a pinion that size won’t fit.

I’d recommend buying a smaller spur gear and also learning how to use a gearing app or site.

Assuming stock 50T spur and 100mm tires, you’d need a pinion north of 40T to reach 100mph. And a pinion that size won’t fit.

I’d recommend buying a smaller spur gear and also learning how to use a gearing app or site.
Thanks 🙏
It’s running a Vitavon centre transmission so I think it will accommodate a 40t pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back