Typhon Stretched Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all. I have 3 Typhons. 2 of them are fully modded (for the most part), and the 3rd one I am thinking of making it into a speed car. Here are the specs so far:

Castle MMX8S ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv motor
M2C K6s Chassis
M2C F/R Chassis Brace
Carbon Fibber Switch Mount for ESC
Carbon Fibber Top Plate
M2C K6s rear dog bone
M2C front dog bone
Aluminum Wing Mount
Spektrum 6110AT receiver
PPS Motor Mount
Hobby Star HBW-4724HV servo
GRP-GTK01-S1 (and s2,s3,s5 tires)
F/R Steel Skid Plates

So far it's probably about 80% complete. As I was putting it together, I noticed that I didn't have the m2c chassis brace for the front. I have the stock front brace on there now, for the time being. I'll be ordering that. I am also waiting on the carbon fibber esc plate. I'll also need to pick up a tube for the antenna. The receiver doesn't fit the receiver box, so I'm gonna have to figure out a solution for that. I know that the servo and receiver are overkill for this r/c, but why not. LOL - If anyone has any advice, please advise. This is my first build doing something like this. (Typhon build)

Future mods possibly?
carbon fibber shock towers
carbon fibber steering components
Limitless or Infraction shocks and/or shock towers

p.s.
I know it's spelled 'fiber', but I like how 'fibber' sounds. LOL

Thx,

20230407_155043.jpg

20230407_165609.jpg

20230407_172254.jpg

20230407_173651.jpg

20230407_191031.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all. I have 3 Typhons. 2 of them are fully modded (for the most part), and the 3rd one I am thinking of making it into a speed car. Here are the specs so far:

Castle MMX8S ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv motor
M2C K6s Chassis
M2C F/R Chassis Brace
Carbon Fibber Switch Mount for ESC
Carbon Fibber Top Plate
M2C K6s rear dog bone
M2C front dog bone
Aluminum Wing Mount
Spektrum 6110AT receiver
PPS Motor Mount
Hobby Star HBW-4724HV servo
GRP-GTK01-S1 (and s2,s3,s5 tires)
F/R Steel Skid Plates

So far it's probably about 80% complete. As I was putting it together, I noticed that I didn't have the m2c chassis brace for the front. I have the stock front brace on there now, for the time being. I'll be ordering that. I am also waiting on the carbon fibber esc plate. I'll also need to pick up a tube for the antenna. The receiver doesn't fit the receiver box, so I'm gonna have to figure out a solution for that. I know that the servo and receiver are overkill for this r/c, but why not. LOL - If anyone has any advice, please advise. This is my first build doing something like this.

Future mods possibly?
carbon fibber shock towers
carbon fibber steering components
Limitless or Infraction shocks and/or shock towers

p.s.

Thx,

View attachment 291198

View attachment 291199

View attachment 291200

View attachment 291201

View attachment 291202
Yes, more more. Looks great so far man. Love Long Typhons. What center shafts are you running? Like the Scorched with Trident spool? If you're gonna speed run it I mean.

Yes, more more. Looks great so far man. Love Long Typhons. What center shafts are you running? Like the Scorched with Trident spool? If you're gonna speed run it I mean.

I'll be Scorched. Eventually.

Love the build, will you be running 6s or 8s?
6s.

Well, I mocked the r/c with the body and the grp's, and I didn't like what I saw. The r/c was about 2" off the ground. So, I will be ordering the shocks & shock towers from the Limitless.

For other's that have built this, what gearing did you use?

I'm still waiting on the spool and the infraction/limitless shocks/towers. I did add the castle MMX8S, basher queen esc plate, castle b-link. I still need to get some saga gears. To start out, I'm thinking of a 40/40, and see what that yields. I want to achieve 125mph with this r/c.

20230411_090159.jpg

20230411_115245.jpg

20230411_115340.jpg

20230411_115352.jpg

I threw on a 30T pinion, and she was flying all over the place. 1/2 throttle pulls. Didn't want to get crazy hot on the motor. With these pulls, I'm going with 40T spur/spool, and 30T pinion to start with. The mesh didn't sound right, so I'm getting new gears. I was using stock spur gear.

I'm still waiting on the spool and the infraction/limitless shocks/towers. I did add the castle MMX8S, basher queen esc plate, castle b-link. I still need to get some saga gears. To start out, I'm thinking of a 40/40, and see what that yields. I want to achieve 125mph with this r/c.

View attachment 291981

View attachment 291982

View attachment 291983

View attachment 291984
Good luck and good speed. Great looking build!
p.s.
Actually, it’s carbon fibre but most Americans, and spell check, reject it.

Last edited:
Good luck and good speed. Great looking build!

Actually, it’s carbon fibre but most Americans, and spell check, reject it.
That, I also knew. But, hardly anyone spells it that way, and when they do, it get's corrected. So, thx for bringing a smile to my ugly mug.

Hi friend, I have 3 also........

Go back over the pond and stay there please and thank you.
I would, but aluminium is too expensive there.

Hey all,

Switched out the front shock tower (carbon fibber), and shocks. Lowered the front a tad, and she is looking good. I've been taking small passes, and she's fast. Currently she's wearing GRP S3's. Nothing super sticky. She's also leaving tread everywhere she goes...lol I've also been running her on 4s only. I'm not scared, but I believe she's gonna be sick fast, when I get that dang spool in, and throw in a 6s pack. I still plan on running 40/40 for gearing. I'll adapt from there. I don't know if I want to put on the rear tower/shocks. Though, I'll probably change it, to see what it looks like and how she performs. I'll also be adding 8mm o rings to the dog bones, since there is considerable amount of play between the cups and the bones.

On a side note: I removed the steel f/r skid plates. I don't know why I chose to put those on. It's not like I'm going off road with it. But then again, I have more than enough power to handle the weight of the plates. As minimal as it is. Only thing left is the spool to show up. (any day now)

Thx for looking, and chiming in. It's much appreciated.

20230413_101059.jpg

20230413_101110.jpg

20230413_101128.jpg

Great looking build BTW.
I love stretched buggies

Do yourself a giant favor and get a CNHL G+ 70c lipo for it.
That Zeee battery is going to tank when you put heavy amperage loads on it.

Once you cut your teeth on speed running and start pulling good numbers then move up to Onyxl RC Power systems Lipos.

Great looking build BTW.
I love stretched buggies

Do yourself a giant favor and get a CNHL G+ 70c lipo for it.
That Zeee battery is going to tank when you put heavy amperage loads on it.

Once you cut your teeth on speed running and start pulling good numbers then move up to Onyxl RC Power systems Lipos.

That was the plan. I'm just f'n around at the house, so these batts will do fine for what I'm doing right now. When it's time to get serious, I'll have the batts for it. Next question: Do you think I will get a better results if I go the 4s or 6s route?

That was the plan. I'm just f'n around at the house, so these batts will do fine for what I'm doing right now. When it's time to get serious, I'll have the batts for it. Next question: Do you think I will get a better results if I go the 4s or 6s route?

In the end 6s can deliver more speed. But cutting your teeth you may want to start with 4s.

If the ESC theoretically stops making power at 650 amps:

Theoretical Scenario 1 (4s = 14v loaded 3.5v per cell)
14v * 650a = 9,100 watts

Theoretical Scenario 2 (6s = 21v loaded 3.5v per cell))
21v * 650a = 13,650 watts

9,100 watts is good for 140+ speeds if you know what you are doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back