Stretched Typhon advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninfan74

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
Morning everyone! Im about to pursue building a 6s stretched Typhon and looking to do speed runs with it and not exactly sure what motor and esc combo to go with. Im looking to go 130mph+ which i know will take some work, but setup do you guys recommend? I see TP motors are a very popular motor, but which kv/model would be ideal and which esc would handle it?

Any advice or links would be great, ty!

Sounds like fun. There are some speeders on here that should chime in. Good luck.

Yeah, hope so thx! I have a 6s Talion to bash with and 1/8th scale Losi buggy and truggy, few crawlers. Always wanted a speed run car and stretched typhon look amazing.

Morning everyone! Im about to pursue building a 6s stretched Typhon and looking to do speed runs with it and not exactly sure what motor and esc combo to go with. Im looking to go 130mph+ which i know will take some work, but setup do you guys recommend? I see TP motors are a very popular motor, but which kv/model would be ideal and which esc would handle it?

Any advice or links would be great, ty!

I agree on the mmx8s and TP4070
Are you planning on running 6s? Or 8s?

If 6s then bump the kv up to the 2600-2900 of range.

Seems to be a popular choice, thx! That motor is the 2200kv one correct?
I was going to say 2900 if 6S and limited full throttle pulls, 2600 for more general bashing.

So update time. I purchased my 6s typhon and all the components to stretch it as well. I went with the xlx esc and the Tp 4070 2250kv motor. Can't wait to get to building this thing!

Question though, what should i be looking for regarding cap packs? Certain ratings for my set up specifically? Any good videos or tutorials asi n how to install? They control voltage spikes and dips if im reading correctly. Do they help with speed or more so to help take strain off of the esc? Thx

So update time. I purchased my 6s typhon and all the components to stretch it as well. I went with the xlx esc and the Tp 4070 2250kv motor. Can't wait to get to building this thing!

Question though, what should i be looking for regarding cap packs? Certain ratings for my set up specifically? Any good videos or tutorials asi n how to install? They control voltage spikes and dips if im reading correctly. Do they help with speed or more so to help take strain off of the esc? Thx
Hit up @phildogg for all your cap pack needs.

You picked a great combo!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back