Stretched Typhon: Best Chassis To Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys what is the best chassis to use to make a stretched Typhon? I know you can use several but which one is most user friendly? Thanks

Also along with that I’m pretty sure what parts I need to do the build but if some people want to post items that are required per different chassis I would greatly appreciate it

thank you

I like the kraton chassis.
Almost as long as limitless wheelbase.
I run z stretched typhon but im going bk to swb.
The mojave chassis looks ok but getting so long.

This is with kraton chasis
20210604_163120.jpg

probably the outcast or Limitless/Infraction chassis but that is just my personal opinion
Outcast is the same chassis as the Typhon.

Easiest is to use the Kraton. Next best would be the Mojave. The Infraction/Felony/Limitless is fine too, but you might as well buy a roller with all the other parts you’ll need.

I'm surprised no one suggested the Talion chassis. it's simillar to the Kraton one, only with better layout for speed running.

weight distribution is a little further back, better braces mounts and the servo is mounted longitudinal as it should.

Outcast is the same chassis as the Typhon.

Easiest is to use the Kraton. Next best would be the Mojave. The Infraction/Felony/Limitless is fine too, but you might as well buy a roller with all the other parts you’ll need.
true true it's your opinion

I'm surprised no one suggested the Talion chassis. it's simillar to the Kraton one, only with better layout for speed running.

weight distribution is a little further back, better braces mounts and the servo is mounted longitudinal as it should.

Beat me to it. That’s what I use on my stretched Typhon

I'm also a Talion chassis user, swapped out the shock towers & shocks for Infraction ones as well.

I like the kraton chassis.
Almost as long as limitless wheelbase.
I run z stretched typhon but im going bk to swb.
The mojave chassis looks ok but getting so long.

This is with kraton chasis
View attachment 164059
Which kraton chassis is this?

Hey guys what is the best chassis to use to make a stretched Typhon? I know you can use several but which one is most user friendly? Thanks

Also along with that I’m pretty sure what parts I need to do the build but if some people want to post items that are required per different chassis I would greatly appreciate it

thank you

Inexpensive way to start out and see if you like it.
Kraton 6s exb - chassis (cnc 7075 aluminum long wheel base ara320570 lwb arrma ara106053
$48

or
Arrma talion 6s exb - chassis (black aluminum long wheel base lwb ara8707
$40

One of these for the braces and all sorts you will need. If you buy them separately it will cost more.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...-battery-tray-roll-tower-wing-mount-ara8608v5

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...-battery-tray-roll-tower-mount-braces-ara7204

there is no love for the talion always gets pushed the the back of the pack for some reason I love mine have two and great bashers with the backflip lps on

there is no love for the talion always gets pushed the the back of the pack for some reason I love mine have two and great bashers with the backflip lps on
Love mine too and TBH I wish I would have thought of using the Talion chassis for at least one of my stretched typhons. It never crossed my mind because no one ever mentions it as an option haha. Even the Talion XL is extremely nice!

I'll have to check the talion out.but your the first to mention and everyone on here says v2 s4 xlwb kraton.listen I don't judge.i just want what ever I can get a few inches more extended on my BRcc v3 blx.i allways mention that I only do speed runs .it's all I'm in to with this particular model .it's my first arrma RC and if I want to bash I have other RC trucks that I could use.mostly on my T maxx.ik ik it's a Traxxsas but it was my first truck and it's nitro.never converted it to brushless.only because I didn't want to waste money on it I' rather waste or should I say spend money on my arrma🤣👍
Love mine too and TBH I wish I would have thought of using the Talion chassis for at least one of my stretched typhons. It never crossed my mind because no one ever mentions it as an option haha. Even the Talion XL is extremely nice!
Maybey the xlwb kraton is suggested because it's a easier swap .like I said which ever is longer and won't give me that much of issues with doing this build.already have another BRcc body on its way .found the kraton chassis on eBay for $27.00 and BR body for $ 36.00 that's so far $62. And still need the center drive axel.and body mounts....hey while I'm at it . question.do you guys think the limitless shocks would work well since they short ? Just wondering.

Last edited:
I'll have to check the talion out.but your the first to mention and everyone on here says v2 s4 xlwb kraton.listen I don't judge.i just want what ever I can get a few inches more extended on my BRcc v3 blx.i allways mention that I only do speed runs .it's all I'm in to with this particular model .it's my first arrma RC and if I want to bash I have other RC trucks that I could use.mostly on my T maxx.ik ik it's a Traxxsas but it was my first truck and it's nitro.never converted it to brushless.only because I didn't want to waste money on it I' rather waste or should I say spend money on my arrma🤣👍

Maybey the xlwb kraton is suggested because it's a easier swap .like I said which ever is longer and won't give me that much of issues with doing this build.already have another BRcc body on its way .found the kraton chassis on eBay for $27.00 and BR body for $ 36.00 that's so far $62. And still need the center drive axel.and body mounts....hey while I'm at it . question.do you guys think the limitless shocks would work well since they short ? Just wondering.
I'm still debating on which chassis to use to extend my Big Rock.either way what ever chassis I decide I'll have to get the matching center drive axel to match that length..because my stock won't work.which is understandable.

Back