Stretched typhon chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good evening arrma fam. As you can see I'm in need of a new Kraton chassis for my stretched typhon speed runner. I'd ideally like to have the m2c speed chassis but they have been out of stock for a while now. Looking @ Jenny's & the normal Kraton chassis is about 24$ & the exb is about twice as much. Any reason why I would need to spend twice as much for the exb? Or should I just buy two of the normal ones in case one bends again? Thanks for any opinions you can send my way

20220731_220738.jpg

Did this happen despite having braces installed? That's some serious bendage.
Yep, have aluminum f/r chassis braces. I really don't know what I hit to be perfectly honest because I didn't break anything else 🤷‍♂️
I've looked @ those, but it weighs 300 grams more 😬🤯😯 than the m2c speed chassis. Layla over @ m2c told me in an email that they were gonna make more & email me when they had them back in stock

I don't see why you would need an exb chassis for an on road car. I mean, the limitless/infraction/felony is not considered an exb chassis, right? =D

The EXB chassis is advertised as being 7075 aluminum and the standard chassis is 6061 aluminum. In theory, the 7075 EXB chassis should be stronger, but there seems to be some online debate about whether or not the Arrma 7075 EXB chassis is properly tempered and is as strong as an aftermarket 7075 chassis.

I don't see why you would need an exb chassis for an on road car. I mean, the limitless/infraction/felony is not considered an exb chassis, right? =D
EXB isn't related to toughness, it's simply a statement of use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back