Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Stretched Typhon V3 6S

GMballistic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon 6s
Looks awesome. :cool:
I'm looking forward already to seeing how you get on with your speed runs using that set up.

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm waiting on parts to do the same. Didnt get the kraton hubs and blocks though. Looks like the right amount of room for that 4070 motor. What's the red piece attached to your rear tower? Just a air deflector or something?

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Oh it does like velcro now. picture quality isnt the greatest on my phone. A bit scratched and smudged. Lol

cootertwo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Yea it was velcro. Trying to fit a MXLX is a pain, but I'll get-r-done. Also thinking about drilling new holes, and moving the spool over a bit, to get the center driveshafts more in line. Every little bit helps as far as I'm concerned. Now that I've busted 100 mph, I'm shooting for 150, then who knows ???:)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Yea it was velcro. Trying to fit a MXLX is a pain, but I'll get-r-done. Also thinking about drilling new holes, and moving the spool over a bit, to get the center driveshafts more in line. Every little bit helps as far as I'm concerned. Now that I've busted 100 mph, I'm shooting for 150, then who knows ???:)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Are you making your own mount plate for the xlx? I was going to but then decided to order an aluminum one from saga rc for 20 bucks. Had to drill and countersink holes to mount to the motor and diff mount. Holes for the esc came already drilled and tapped.

cootertwo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ain't decided yet on the ESC placement. In progress!:)

LibertyMKiii

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Will you try an aerodynamic body or are you sticking with OEM style for the bodywork?
You probably wont need those extensions on the motor wires with the XL-X esc. (assuming it sits somewhere in the middle)

Looks great so far. I have been tempted to do this sort of thing with my Kraton.

Last edited:

cootertwo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Not planning on using a different body. I still want it to at least "look" like a Typhon.

cootertwo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Yea, I know, I said earlier I was shooting for 150, I think I'll retract that, and let's say 120 !!!;)

cootertwo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Won't be long now! MXLX mounted, battery tray, only thing left is receiver, some wiring, and figure out something for mounting the Typhon body. Talk about cramped space!;)

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.