Stretched Typhon V3 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootertwo

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton chassis, Kraton steering blocks, hubs and hex's. Longer and a tad wider.

I'm waiting on parts to do the same. Didnt get the kraton hubs and blocks though. Looks like the right amount of room for that 4070 motor. What's the red piece attached to your rear tower? Just a air deflector or something?

Yea it was velcro. Trying to fit a MXLX is a pain, but I'll get-r-done. Also thinking about drilling new holes, and moving the spool over a bit, to get the center driveshafts more in line. Every little bit helps as far as I'm concerned. Now that I've busted 100 mph, I'm shooting for 150, then who knows ???:)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Yea it was velcro. Trying to fit a MXLX is a pain, but I'll get-r-done. Also thinking about drilling new holes, and moving the spool over a bit, to get the center driveshafts more in line. Every little bit helps as far as I'm concerned. Now that I've busted 100 mph, I'm shooting for 150, then who knows ???:)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Are you making your own mount plate for the xlx? I was going to but then decided to order an aluminum one from saga rc for 20 bucks. Had to drill and countersink holes to mount to the motor and diff mount. Holes for the esc came already drilled and tapped.

Will you try an aerodynamic body or are you sticking with OEM style for the bodywork?
You probably wont need those extensions on the motor wires with the XL-X esc. (assuming it sits somewhere in the middle)

Looks great so far. I have been tempted to do this sort of thing with my Kraton.

Last edited:
Not planning on using a different body. I still want it to at least "look" like a Typhon.

Yea, I know, I said earlier I was shooting for 150, I think I'll retract that, and let's say 120 !!!;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back