Typhon Stretching a v4 6s Typhon need help with the parts I will need

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezzzy187

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I just bought a Typhon and I am not sure what parts I will need to complete the stretch mod can anybody help me out with a list please .

Are you in a hurry?

You can do a 1/8 LWB conversion.. With a Kraton/Talion chassis

Or.. You can also wait..
And do a 1/7 XLWB conversion with the Mojave chassis!

Owww.. Theres also a 3rd option.. The 1/7 Infraction/Limitless chassis

For the 1/8 LWB coversion.. You will at least need:

LWB chassis (Kraton/Talion)
LWB centre driveshafts

I know @LibertyMKiii did this conversion begore and has a whole thread about it.. Just cant find it..

Last edited:
I very well may do this also to the truggied 6s Typhon I have.

It is for sure, I didn't think of that until you mentioned it.
It sounded good in my head though.

Stretched Typhon is a Kraton in the middle but the differentials, axles, arms, and wheel hex's are different
Parts list would be:
Kraton chassis
Chassis braces
Kraton center dog bones (front & rear)

As mentioned above you could do a limitless chassis also with same parts list basically
Limitless/Infraction chassis
Chassis braces
Center dog bones from limitless/infraction.

Would be a good time to do a V4 sliding motor mount if you don't have one already or something aftermarket like M2C or Voltage.

If you are doing a speed runner then I highly recommend building the Limitless spool versus the Hot Racing spool. (although I believe the spacers are hard to find right now)

don't worry.. I once had some sort of the same idea.. Turned out.. I also invented an allready existing Arrma.. LOL!

The whole 6s range is all real close to each other..
Yeah I was all excited about my new great idea and as soon as you mentioned it I was like duh' he's right I'm a dumbass.
But the idea made me a rockstar in my mind for a moment. ?

Typhon stretched....hobbywing max 6 and hobbystar 4092 1730kv installed...first run broke 100 mph

Attachments

• IMG_20190928_172423.jpg
    IMG_20190928_172423.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20190928_172451.jpg
    IMG_20190928_172451.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 260
Looks great. It's definitely not a Kraton. It's got shorter towers and shocks, plus a completely different dif set up. My question to @LibertyMKiii and @Mike-NLD (@jezzzy seems to have left the building) is, what rear body mounts did/could you use? Asking for a friend of course.

Looks great. It's definitely not a Kraton. It's got shorter towers and shocks, plus a completely different dif set up. My question to @LibertyMKiii and @Mike-NLD (@jezzzy seems to have left the building) is, what rear body mounts did/could you use? Asking for a friend of course.

To mount the Typhon body on the streched chassis? Front or rear?
For the front it depends.. Wanna run the tower to tower?

* Yes, use this one.. It goes into the hole on top op the front t2t mount

20200818_155959.jpg

*No, use the stock typhon one.. Wich mounts onto the top plate..

20200818_160543.jpg

For the rear, most of the rear ones could work..
Typhon ones prob best option.. The are light, and don't have offset..

20200818_160842.jpg

You will need some huge screws to get them where they need to be.. And some spacers of some sort to cover them up..

Im sure, @LibertyMKiii has pics of that

Last edited:
To mount the Typhon body on the streched chassis? Front or rear?
Rear. Front should require no changes. I already have a Kraton rear dogbone, and the new EXB chassis braces. All I need to find is some extend body mounts. I've seen many, but not sure if they are all custom or if there is something out there that works without modification.

HR 53mm standoffs #RCL65301 (2 packs) is what I use

I think I used 4 spare droop screws to go from the plastic body mount to the HR standoff.
View attachment 95094
What are these? I’ve got my stretched talion I need to do this with.
30BF165B-87DF-4FDC-824F-3A8656703D19.jpeg
3559F3F1-5464-4686-8CDE-E22D37ED49BD.jpeg

Rear. Front should require no changes. I already have a Kraton rear dogbone, and the new EXB chassis braces. All I need to find is some extend body mounts. I've seen many, but not sure if they are all custom or if there is something out there that works without modification.
The kraton came with a large assortment of body mounts, does the typhon not jave this parts bag with it?
HR 53mm standoffs #RCL65301 (2 packs) is what I use

I think I used 4 spare droop screws to go from the plastic body mount to the HR standoff.
View attachment 95094
This is the best looking mod I've seen on a stretch job! Nice find ;)

My stretched Typhon roller I bought here in the classifieds came with 3D printed rear body mounts. I can print and mail you a set if you want. It’s literally $0.25 worth of material.

My stretched Typhon roller I bought here in the classifieds came with 3D printed rear body mounts. I can print and mail you a set if you want. It’s literally $0.25 worth of material.
That would be awesome Jon.

That would be awesome Jon.
I will print up a few sets. I print mine in TPU so it’s flexible. If you want something rigid like stock mounts, it will need to be injection molded or printed in Nylon, which I don’t have.

Can I get some for my talion too!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back