Kraton Stripped grub screw on pinion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a stripped grub screw on my pinion gear. I've seen a couple threads in here about it. I find this to be so crazy that they send these things out like this! This screw is so stripped anything that fits in it just moves around. I guess I need to get a dremel and grind a slit in the screw to be able to heat it up and get it out with a flathead?

On my new Kraton 6s the pinon gear didn't have enough lock tight on it and the grub screw backout and it moved on the shaft and the center spear gear shredded the grub screw.. So i had to drill out the grub screw and install the 15 tooth pinon gear...
Was not vary happy...

On my new Kraton 6s the pinon gear didn't have enough lock tight on it and the grub screw backout and it moved on the shaft and the center spear gear shredded the grub screw.. So i had to drill out the grub screw and install the 15 tooth pinon gear...
Was not vary happy...
Pretty much the same thing i have encountered.

My Typhon did not have that problem...
I have even changed out my pinon gear and still good...
Love lock tight...:LOL:

I have a stripped grub screw on my pinion gear. I've seen a couple threads in here about it. I find this to be so crazy that they send these things out like this! This screw is so stripped anything that fits in it just moves around. I guess I need to get a dremel and grind a slit in the screw to be able to heat it up and get it out with a flathead?
I went through this a week or so ago on an Outcast 6S. The hex was boogered up and no driver was ever going to get it undone. Compounding the issue was that I couldn't remove the sliding motor mount plate from the motor. Not enough of the grub screw was exposed to cut a slot for a flat tip screwdriver. Ended up using a Dremel to cut through the pinion where grub screw is to get enough tension off to remove the now destroyed pinion.
Am starting to think that grub screws should be treated as once or twice use parts now (as least on the big cars). Much easier and cheaper to buy a gab of grub screws versus new pinions.
In my case I am not sure if it was a bad grub screw, bad hex driver or bad use of the hex driver... or combination.

Can anyone tell me what size the grub screw is on the pinion gear on the Notorious?
i want to buy a few screws without having to buy the gear as well.
TIA

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back