Stripped hex screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y noT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
I use a magnet cup for screws, but sometimes you do tend to set one aside. Just went through a situation where I had lost a screw on my notorious 6s and knew I didnt have a screw loose or going nuts (yes definite pun) but when working on anything 1/8 or larger, don't freak out till you check your tread. 🥴 Also having a star driver set is a great and easy way to get striped hex head screws out. Find one just a tad wider that sits straight then get a socket for that star driver and add an extension to it and tap it into the hex until good grip. Then use the ratchet and pressure and it will remove the hex. Saw that one on a motorcycle video. Not sure how plastic chassis would do under that but the notorious 6s was stout enough to take it. And I tried gorilla glue and JB Weld setting for 3 days and that didn't work. Wish I knew the other method that only took 5 min and one blister. So hopefully this helps someone.

So that's how you fix it...
Ya I was worried about hitting it to hard bit you really don't have to to get a good enough grip and it didn't even damage the star bit. Glad to know this little trick now. 🤜🤛

Just an FYI the proper name for Star bits is Torx.
Ya, them things. What's the torx with a hole in it? Just askin cause that's the one I actually ended up using. Past Phillips, flathead and hex I'm a lil 🤔 on all the others. And my set has a min of 10 different types. I need to google. Lol now I'm curious, as it didn't come with an itemized slip. Or should have kept the back of the box in the set. Thx though for the education coop. Now I HAVE to know the rest.

Ya, them things. What's the torx with a hole in it? Just askin cause that's the one I actually ended up using. Past Phillips, flathead and hex I'm a lil 🤔 on all the others. And my set has a min of 10 different types. I need to google. Lol now I'm curious, as it didn't come with an itemized slip. Or should have kept the back of the box in the set. Thx though for the education coop. Now I HAVE to know the rest.
Tamper proof Torx from what Google says. Some torx screws have a security pin in the center of them so you cant remove them with a normal torx bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back