Stripped Hub grub screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingy93

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
stripped the grub screw on a rear hub on my typhon , had too much dirt in there didn't clean it out well enough and stripped it. Any ideas to get it out ?

mini screw extractor......looks like a drill bit.....but threads are opposite...so it digs in while turning left.....gotta use the correct size

All sorted boys thanks. Got some easy out drill bits but didn't even need em. Cleaned the grub screw out and had enough meat left on it to get her out thanks boys!

Attachments

• IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 63
mini screw extractor......looks like a drill bit.....but threads are opposite...so it digs in while turning left.....gotta use the correct size
I actually just used one today to get a stripped hex screw out, just have to find the right one to fit and make sure it is kind of flat on the end so it reaches to bottom of hex hole, but worked like a champ and backed my screw right out. Before this I was taking a drill with a small bit and drilling in through the hex hole just deep enough to pop head off the grabbing end of threaded shaft and turning it out worked but pain in the butt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back