Stripped in Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbizzle89

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So I'm pretty sure when I put the RPM arms on my kraton 6s V5 and I screwed these in a lil too tight, are they suppose to be real tight or does that mess with steering and servos pretty bad? Also, does anyone know a good way to get them out?
Screenshot_20230201_093042_Firefox.jpg

So I'm pretty sure when I put the RPM arms on my kraton 6s V5 and I screwed these in a lil too tight, are they suppose to be real tight or does that mess with steering and servos pretty bad? Also, does anyone know a good way to get them out?
View attachment 274609
When you put them in the pivot balls themselves need to be screwed into the upper & lower arms tightly. But, when you screw down the red retainer nuts that hold them in you shouldn't crank them down all the way. They need to be able to pivot around in their full range of motion, but without being too loose also. There's definitely a fine line that you'll get a better feel for as you go

The arms where those go aren't tapped (threaded) when new, you putting them in for the first time is what taps em. This is why they feel so tight. Use a good driver BY HAND to loosen if you need to. And yeah like Josh mentioned the retaining cap is what will bind your steering.

I think I read somewhere to get better steering was to remove those red caps, so I did, so now I went all the way. Now I can't loosen them up and I don't wanna buy more rpm arms to readjust.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back