Senton STRIPPED PINION GRUB SCREW..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i HATE THIS... I have tried every thing. Should I just take a flat head screw driver and pry it off?
I use a Dremel and make a notch and take flat head screwdriver small one and try twisting it out. Or u cut it all the way to the motor shaft just be careful. Best luck buddy

You'll have to cut or drill. The pinion is gone, but they're inexpensive. Prying may be dangerous, you may bend the motor shaft. Motors are not inexpensive. For the next time, remember to heat the grub screw to loosen the loc-tite before trying to remove it.

All right Thanks for the help everyone. I will just ask my dad to drill the grub screw. Will the pinion still stay alive because I don't want to be running my 26t pinion that I was trying to replace in the first place.:mad:.Horizon should really do something abt this. I know it partially my fault? but still. May not pour the hole bottle of thread lock would be a nice Idea?

Threadlock from arrma is so messed up. My rear shock standofts came loose and scatrting eating the alluminum removed the screws and they were filled with threadlock but 0 resistance are they using water instead of threadlock sometimes?

All right Thanks for the help everyone. I will just ask my dad to drill the grub screw. Will the pinion still stay alive because I don't want to be running my 26t pinion that I was trying to replace in the first place.:mad:.Horizon should really do something abt this. I know it partially my fault? but still. May not pour the hole bottle of thread lock would be a nice Idea?
If he drills it with a small enough bit maybe.

I just let it eat with a drill bit it chews right through

You're screwed. Consider the pinion lost and do whatever you can yo get it off. I'd drill first and if that doesn't work I'd use a Dremel and cut it off.

You're screwed. Consider the pinion lost and do whatever you can yo get it off. I'd drill first and if that doesn't work I'd use a Dremel and cut it off.
Ya I do have 26 t which i was trying to get on. I lowered my senton a Sh$t ton and trimmed the body and the 12 year old me decide to take the pinion of with reading any forums or heating it up! I will ask my dad to drill but 1 of his colleges that borrowed the machine flipped his car over so its gonna take a couple days for it to happed.

I use a Dremel and make a notch and take flat head screwdriver small one and try twisting it out. Or u cut it all the way to the motor shaft just be careful. Best luck buddy
Try an easy out screw extractor usually have to drill a hole in a Bolt to use one of those but that grub screw already has the hole in it for the Allen wrench so just stick an easy out that fits in it and turn it counterclockwise. It may work. Also heat the grub screw up with a soldering iron first

Try an easy out screw extractor usually have to drill a hole in a Bolt to use one of those but that grub screw already has the hole in it for the Allen wrench so just stick an easy out that fits in it and turn it counterclockwise. It may work. Also heat the grub screw up with a soldering iron first
Lol. this thread is a year old. I got it figured out. I drilled it and then used a screw extractor to take the grub screw out managed to save the pinion ;)

Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back