stripped plastic thread repair. no rnr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What have you people had the best success with repairing stripped plastic threads. I have read many things from super glue,e500,drill it out glue in more plastic tap it, plastic weld. (I don't own one) so help a basher on a penny budget will ya.

You will never get them as good as new, which, frankly, isn't very good anyway. That said, I have been nursing along some stripped threads on my gearbox with good results by applying CA and baking soda each time I remove them. Coat the inside of the hole and let cure before installing. Not likely worth it for fasteners that come apart often, but these don't get removed very much. Whatever you try, be sure to clear the threads on the bolt first. They will be packed full of the stripped plastic.

More info on CA and baking soda here >uses>filler.

Last edited:
What have you people had the best success with repairing stripped plastic threads. I have read many things from super glue,e500,drill it out glue in more plastic tap it, plastic weld. (I don't own one) so help a basher on a penny budget will ya.
I found a way that is working well at the moment. I took the tubing off some old, thin, fan wires, cut them so they are hanging just outside the hole. Two or three strands usually does the trick. Key is to put the screw in to snug and not over tighten.
Most plastic parts are very cheap.
But a gear box is a pain the a$$ to replace. I have the fix I just mentioned working on two separate stripped front cover gear box holes.

I found a way that is working well at the moment. I took the tubing off some old, thin, fan wires, cut them so they are hanging just outside the hole. Two or three strands usually does the trick. Key is to put the screw in to snug and not over tighten.

But a gear box is a pain the a$$ to replace. I have the fix I just mentioned working on two separate stripped front cover gear box holes.
You don't have to tell me that I replaced one of those saturday

Most plastic parts are very cheap.

Dude this thread is like 4 years old and the op hasn't been on in like 2 years.
Last seen Sep 26, 2019

1631868393045.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back