Senton Stripped Rear Diff+input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentonist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys, so took my senton (4s) for a test ride today, and gave it some hard punches on asphalt, and ended up stripping the rear differential crown and input. those are both easy to swap out, but since JRC is totally out of stock, I'm debating if it's worth waiting until it comes back on sale, or if there's another site that sells parts at a similar price. Here's another question, a lot of people say that once you break it, upgrade it, instead of buying the same thing, so is there a metal differential crown and input pinion that is compatible with the senton 3s model?

While I have this thread up, I'd also like to ask about the spur gear, which currently is totally fine, but a lot of dirt is getting into the housing even though I put gorilla tape on the opening, somehow... but I have been thinking about upgrading to a metal spur (from the outcast/kraton 4s model on jrc), some have said that metal spurs are worse because they do collateral damage when something gets inbetween the gears instead of stripping, and some have said that it is a very necessary upgrade. What are y'alls thoughts?

thank ya! be safe out there guys, corona shows no mercy!

If the 4s car can handle 4s with the hot racing diff yokes the senton would perfectly handle it
Someone here on youtube runs a 18t pinion on mega diffs on 6s and the diff yokes are what made them all work it does still strip because that guy is just nuts but not under normal uses

I stripped out my input bevel gear on my outcast 4s today. Luckily I have already ordered some from Jenny's. I can't seem to find any metal alternatives other than hot racing ones. Hopefully arrma releases some of their own later as the HR ones are damn expensice

If you don’t have trouble with the stock plastic spur gear there’s no reason to consider upgrading it unless you’re into collateral damage (just as you said) if something hard gets between a metal spur and a metal pinion you can comfortably say goodbye to your motor’s shaft and hello to a replacement motor. Also it’s metal on metal so now you have a wear point there, and finally it’s just a lot more expensive then a plastic spur.

I stripped out my input bevel gear on my outcast 4s today. Luckily I have already ordered some from Jenny's. I can't seem to find any metal alternatives other than hot racing ones. Hopefully arrma releases some of their own later as the HR ones are damn expensice
If you get the HR yokes, they seem to hold the bearings in place much better than the flexible plastic stock ones. ??

So yoke rather than the metal spiral diff gear?
If you get the metal diff you have to get the metal yokes anyway so get the yokes first for the rear and see how it goes and be sure to shim the crowngear
I don't want you to end up with an expensive differential then ruinning it because of the plastic yokes

So yoke rather than the metal spiral diff gear?
Hi did you ever fit the metal yokes?

I keep eating diffs on my Typhon and getting tired of buying new diffs and input gears every week. Wondering if the metal diffs would cure my problems once and for all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back