Stripped Screw extracter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLiM2775

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey everyone I was trying to replace the pinion gear in my Kraton 6s and I stripped one of the 4 screws underneath the car. I think they hold in the center diff. What size screw extracter do i need to get the screw out? I don't want to order the wrong size. I'm a complete newb to the RC Hobby so this is all new to me. Thanks in advance.

Oh, OK that sounds that an left turned drill had not worked....
Just an suggestion, try to borrow the extractor in a garage or maybe you knows someone which makes mechanics.
Normally the extracter comes as an set. You need the smallest one, the others you can´t use with RC models.
Additional you need an kind of wrench or toolholder for the extracter I do not know how´s the name in english.
Newer times you can get also smaller ones which fits in a bit wrench.
I have just an german link but maybe the picture will explain which I can't explain because of my english skills.
https://www.amazon.de/Schraubenausd...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000Y8IPWI

Hey everyone I was trying to replace the pinion gear in my Kraton 6s and I stripped one of the 4 screws underneath the car. I think they hold in the center diff. What size screw extracter do i need to get the screw out? I don't want to order the wrong size. I'm a complete newb to the RC Hobby so this is all new to me. Thanks in advance.
You can sometimes tap a Torx bit into the stripped screw with a hammer and use a 1/4" socket to slowly torque out. Likely need to really heat up screw with solder gun first to break threadlocker. There are some YouTube s on this technique.

I bought one on Amazon for about $12. It works so well. I was amazed how fast it took out some stripped screws.
Rioa damaged screw removal set

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back