stripped screw with a bonus!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironhead79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton motor mount screw with a hex tip broke inside, tried heat, small chizzle to spin it out. Anyone have a suggestion on getting this SOB out?

WP_20170909_05_54_15_Pro.jpg

Yup take a Dremel with a cut off wheel and cut a line in it to basically make it a flat head screw.

Wth !!!! Dremeled a slot, Driver just took the sides of the slot off. So now back to the beginning. Can't get a cut off wheel in now w/o destroying the chassis. Used a butane torch also.

Finally got it out, Arrma WTH are you thinking!!!!!! Did all new bearings with Fast Eddie, all 3 diffs torn apart & cleaned and filled 60k/100k/20k.

The driver was MIP, And does arrma really need all the loctite they use? Wasn't blaming arrma, stuff happens!!

I blame whoever Arrma uses to assemble their vehicles. Most of the issues I have had with mine are from assembly. They even thread locked my lower shock caps on.

The biggest problem was the piece of the Allen key was stuck inside it. I've got a nice extraction kit, but it was useless in this instance!
I'm a little late here but they make left handed drill bits. (Drills that cut in the opposite direction) they're really good for removing broken bolts n what-not.

Broke an mip driver... Damn that screw was locked in! Didnt realize the threadlock was the issue.

They use that red loctite I've had a few issues and I damaged parts just trying to get those f...kin screws out lol Even vise gripped some and still didn't come loose!

Great title but sorry for the outcome. I recently broke off a screw into the hot racing Center diff carrier. No way I was getting it out I had to throw it away. I have quality hex driver set but the main issue for me are the low quality screws. So after that I went up to the hardware store and got some M4x12mm 12.9 grade screws. These are about as strong as you can get. Lol! And I just realized this post was from early September!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back