Stripped Servo Horn Or Stripped Servo Gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, was wondering if maybe some of you could offer some insight before I start tearing this thing down. I was running my K6 the other day and lost steering. Upon closer inspection, the black screw attaching the horn to the servo itself is the only thing that turns when I give it steering input. I even tried tightening that black screw, thinking maybe it was loose, but when I turn the screw it sounds like it's actually turning the gears inside the servo, the screw doesn't tighten down anymore than it already is. So at this point I'm thinking I either stripped the teeth on the servo horn, or something else is going on that I can't quite pinpoint at the moment. I attached a picture so you can see the black screen attaching the servo horn to the servo that I'm talking about. Thanks.

20230121_141341.jpg

I kid you not, One of my first thoughts was "stupid 🤬 plastic servo horn! " lol. Thanks for the link, that should do the trick.

A metal horn Should have came with that aftermarket servo you installed...

A metal horn Should have came with that aftermarket servo you installed...
For sure.. they definitely don't come with plastic from the factory for a reason..👍
Believe it or not guys, there was no metal horn included. This is a picture of the servo with everything that came in the box. I think I may have a spare Spektrum metal horn laying around.

Screenshot_20230121_174738_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Believe it or not guys, there was no metal horn included. This is a picture of the servo with everything that came in the box. I think I may have a spare Spektrum metal horn laying around.

View attachment 271880

The Spektrum horn Will NOT fit those aftermarket servos!!
23T vs 25T on yours..

View attachment 271880

I wouldn't doubt that, I was referring to arrma when I posted ... Sorry for the confusion..
The Spektrum horn Will NOT fit those aftermarket servos!!
23T vs 25T on yours..

Well, that would depend on the version..😉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back