Kraton stripped servo horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this normal or is there something i can do to prevent this from happening
It is not normal, most like due to end points not being adjusted and/or servo saver not doing it's job. Make sure you are setting your steering trim/end points so the servo isn't trying to continue to turn when it has reached the physical limit of its travel. This will usually cause the servo to die quickly but stripped means it either got stuck and you kept trying to turn it or it too a heck of a shock that pushed it past where the servo could turn...

It is not normal, most like due to end points not being adjusted and/or servo saver not doing it's job. Make sure you are setting your steering trim/end points so the servo isn't trying to continue to turn when it has reached the physical limit of its travel. This will usually cause the servo to die quickly but stripped means it either got stuck and you kept trying to turn it or it too a heck of a shock that pushed it past where the servo could turn...
thankyou

My guess, servohorn wasn't installed correctly. Probably not seated all the way. Was this a metal horn or plastic?

End point adjustment is definitely a must but typically it will burn out the servo motor before the servo horn gets damaged.
If the horn wasn't fully seated it would strip as it's now the weakest link.

I have my steering set up perfectly and I’ve stripped out the arrma horn. They’re not that durable. The x-hard EXB spring adds additional stress. I’ve had good luck with the integy one that has screws on the side for additional bite.

153C9229-992E-4FB0-82A6-F61C7A0C60E8.jpeg

I have my steering set up perfectly and I’ve stripped out the arrma horn. They’re not that durable. The x-hard EXB spring adds additional stress. I’ve had good luck with the integy one that has screws on the side for additional bite.

View attachment 98848
Thanks been looking at the proline same setup
Thanks been looking at the proline same setup
Just can't get it today
Thankyou again I have a protek 370btl and factory horn want to upgrade?

My guess, servohorn wasn't installed correctly. Probably not seated all the way. Was this a metal horn or plastic?

End point adjustment is definitely a must but typically it will burn out the servo motor before the servo horn gets damaged.
If the horn wasn't fully seated it would strip as it's now the weakest link.
+1
1000% true.
Never stated which exact horn you had there. Stocker 23 spline or 25 spline.
I use a small drop of Blue TL. With the absolute correct length Horn attachment screw.
The screw can loosen over time. And, this screw must ALWYAYS be checked to be snug.
User error here.:( What ever the cause. Whichever servo horn. 99% of the time.
Clamping servo horns are even better insurance. If you install them correctly. Just never found one that fits 6s rigs well enough for me. I am anal about proper fitting servo horns. Why I stay with the stocker ones. I never stripped one. But have caught a few that loosen a hair.

@LOVE RC what servo are you using?
Agreed, the horn wasn't seated all the way down.
Needs to be all the way down, loosen any screws on the horn to make that happen.

Also, check your servo saver, not that it's locked. That will do all kinds of harm, needs to be 'tight enough' but not more.

@LOVE RC what servo are you using?
Agreed, the horn wasn't seated all the way down.
Needs to be all the way down, loosen any screws on the horn to make that happen.

Also, check your servo saver, not that it's locked. That will do all kinds of harm, needs to be 'tight enough' but not more.
Was a protek t130 burnt out couple days install eco power ws120

Umm, that is RC'ing 1:1. Limit servo travel, so it doesn't bottom out/hit anything.
It will cause damaged horns, broken servos and if unlucky burn up your receiver.

Very easy to do, just look at it and use your travel adjust knob on the transmitter.

Umm, that is RC'ing 1:1. Limit servo travel, so it doesn't bottom out/hit anything.
It will cause damaged horns, broken servos and if unlucky burn up your receiver.

Very easy to do, just look at it and use your travel adjust knob on the transmitter.
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back