Outcast Stripped Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyjoe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I got my outcast tuned nicely, and the key to making this thing awesome is punch 9 on 6s!

Sadly, somehow, I stripped one of the internal metal servo gears. I have replacement gears on the way, but I wonder if the stock servo is tough enough for bashing or if I should upgrade to something else.

What's the strongest waterproof servo out there?

I got my outcast tuned nicely, and the key to making this thing awesome is punch 9 on 6s!

Sadly, somehow, I stripped one of the internal metal servo gears. I have replacement gears on the way, but I wonder if the stock servo is tough enough for bashing or if I should upgrade to something else.

What's the strongest waterproof servo out there?
Hi there.

Do you have the aluminum servo mount? Or still the standard plastic one?

Been reading up on a few "must" upgrades for the typhon and talion and this is one of them. To upgrade to the aluminum servo mount.

Maybe that is the problem. It is a recommendation from the forum

I have a mount on the way from GKA but flex during my second pack ever causing metal gears inside to strip? Sounds extreme. Given my prior turning issues (from another thread) I wonder if my servo was defective from the factory... new gears should be a great test.

I have a mount on the way from GKA but flex during my second pack ever causing metal gears inside to strip? Sounds extreme. Given my prior turning issues (from another thread) I wonder if my servo was defective from the factory... new gears should be a great test.
Maybe it was. Well when you have everything and it is all running again let me know how it works out!

With punch 9 on 6s your putting it to the test maximum. Aluminium servo mount seems to be a good upgrade and with that the stock servo probably is fine. Lot a people say stock servo's aint no good but doubt that, also depends on your driving and tuning.

I'll rebuild it and maybe bring my steering endpoints in a few degrees - less leverage to torque the Servo arm when hitting a bump or tree root or something, perhaps.

I put a savox 1210sg in mine, upgraded the mount. No issues. Stock servos are junk!! Mine stripped, my buddies did the same. They are weak ,brass & aluminum gears. Do yourself a favor and get a good one. I would also shim all your diffs if you plan on running 6s consistently.

The rebuild kit arrives today. I think the GKA braces and mounts will take a few more days to arrive.

If I switch to a new servo, any gotchas? Still not sure what a "glitch-buster" is, heh

I put a savox 1210sg in mine, upgraded the mount. No issues. Stock servos are junk!! Mine stripped, my buddies did the same. They are weak ,brass & aluminum gears. Do yourself a favor and get a good one. I would also shim all your diffs if you plan on running 6s consistently.

Oh, I'm shimmed. I shimmed it before I ever turned it on.

I didn't need to shim the little gears - they already had shims. So I only needed the big ones from two Mugen kits.

I think the trick is to add 1 extra little shim per cross shaft ;) so in one diff there should be 8 shims total.thats what it shows in the video.

Good to know. I fixed my servo and proceeded to shred the pinion. Like, it's a smear of metal. Time to try punch 7!

I did the same thing, smoked every tooth right off it. Im now on punch
7 also. One other thing I used blue lock tite the first time & the pinion walked right off the shaft,to the point where it damaged the set screw. It was a p.i.t.a to get off- Allen wrench would go in it. I had to carefully dremmel the bur off .then I used red lock tite on the shaft & blue on the set screw, all good so far.( 24hr cure)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back