Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Stripped srews.

Discussion in 'Tools' started by The_Otherside, Feb 28, 2018.

1. The_Otherside

The_Otherside Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    I have more than a few stripped hex screws. :(

Anyone have any tips to get them out?

Most are up front.

2. nulli

nulli Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    That's what you get with low quality hex tools. You could try grinding a slot in them if possible.

3. K4L4M1TY

K4L4M1TY Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Voltage
    Yep, I have stripped screws even though it's the first time i've removed them and i'm a mechanic so I know better than most about these problems. Not sure if it's the tools being low quality though, seems like the screws are the low quality part even on my brand new kraton. Hope you get them out, i'd look at a small set of 'easy outs' for removing them to hopefully not damage anything else. Then i'd replace them with better screws, not arrma ones.

fishycomics likes this.
  4. arrmaracing

arrmaracing Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
    don't touch any screw until u get mip tools. I done the same thing like u stripped screws using low quality tools

fishycomics likes this.
  5. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

6. fishycomics

fishycomics Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion
    We start out and a screw starts slipping, that right aways tells us to Stop, we do what, keep right on going. I got a screw M3 or is it a m4 man loaded with Locktite and to much tightning from factory. Use heat to free locktite I read? I did just that. no good. cut a slot on a countersunk screw, good luck. So yes I tried a brand new extractor and failed as well. so I feel your pain I really do. so back to the start of my opinion.

We start out and a screw starts slipping.... I stop get the right tool which I did but I am wanting to get out here now and enjoy my hobby. In the nmean time use another Rc Model until you can find the answer you're after. I am no pro but I tried most methods but the MIP one.

FISH

7. Iamtheoutcast

Iamtheoutcast Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
    A quality driver set is probably the best way to stop stripped screws. But if you have some already stripped that need to come out I use the irwin micro screw extractors works great. But honestly I havnt had to use it sense I bought my mip driver set. 20180510_055452.jpg

8. Jfpryde

Jfpryde Well-Known Member

Second the MIP. Especially on smaller grub screws. Pretty sure they will even sharpen them if they ever dull up.

Heat and screw extractors, or using a dremel to cut a slit are pretty much your only option for the already stripped.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer