Kraton Stripped the front bumper screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I've completely stripped my front bumper screws. Anyone know how I can remove the screws?

20180329_150108.jpg

Get the irwin micro scerw extractor set. Put the cutting end in turn your drill to reverse and go slow no more then 60rpm then once your hole is bored out. Then flip to the other end leaving the drill in reverse. Press the extractor end in push hard and slowly reverse the screw out.
20180329_092841.jpg

Work great never had a screw I couldn' get out with it on my rigs.

I hate hex screws and drivers..... don't see why they don't use flat heads even tho they can be annoying at times but least they don't strip as easy...

I hate hex screws and drivers..... don't see why they don't use flat heads even tho they can be annoying at times but least they don't strip as easy...

What drivers are you using that plays a large part in them stripping. Your best bet tho is to order a stainless steel screws kit off eBay much better quality and has every screw for your rig. Not only will they not rust bit alot less likely to strip. I' not sure if you are using an electric driver or not but I only recommend using 1 to run the screw 3/4 of the way and finish with a hand driver. Bit most of the time they strip from using a bad driver.

What drivers are you using that plays a large part in them stripping. Your best bet tho is to order a stainless steel screws kit off eBay much better quality and has every screw for your rig. Not only will they not rust bit alot less likely to strip. I' not sure if you are using an electric driver or not but I only recommend using 1 to run the screw 3/4 of the way and finish with a hand driver. Bit most of the time they strip from using a bad driver.
I have not stripped any yet but i fear the day tho... I just hate hex screws with a passion and always been a fan of flat heads even tho they get annoying to use. Mt driver set is some off brand that was below $10 because Mip were never instock and i needed a set asap.

I undertand that but you should put in a order and wait for the mip now that you have a set because once u get a set of mip drivers it will b the last set you will need.

Get the irwin micro scerw extractor set. Put the cutting end in turn your drill to reverse and go slow no more then 60rpm then once your hole is bored out. Then flip to the other end leaving the drill in reverse. Press the extractor end in push hard and slowly reverse the screw out.View attachment 17311
Work great never had a screw I couldn' get out with it on my rigs.

thanks mate. will give that one a go this time around.

I stopped stripping screws when I switched to a good quality set of hex drivers. Common brands such as align or dynamite are not good. I use Scorpion.

https://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/tools_1/tools/

thanks i already bought the mip set.

Hi. I had to actually destroy one screw by drilling in it with the screwdriver. Finally the screw just give up and snapped, without distroying the bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_230157.jpg
    IMG_20190808_230157.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20190808_230203.jpg
    IMG_20190808_230203.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 72
Hi. I had to actually destroy one screw by drilling in it with the screwdriver. Finally the screw just give up and snapped, without distroying the bumper.
Switch the screws to cap heads (I think that's what they're called). The flat and button head screws are a nuisance, especially the small M3's

I agree with Notorious J. I switch out all the button-head screws on every RC I own to socket head cap screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back