Stripped wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootertwo

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Bumped my Kraton up to 9 punch, and promptly stripped the right rear wheel. When that side strips, it unscrews the locking nut. Lost 2 nuts before I figured out what was going on. So I did the drill bit trick I saw on You Tube. Took a bit, same size as the pin that holds the hex on, and cut one a bit longer, so it hangs out each side, then cut 2 notches in the wheel to match. I'll probably wind up busting the wheel, but it will work for now.;)

Man, 6s must be unreal, I only have 4s batteries. I read about so many of the problems that it seems 6s creates. But yet I still want to get one and try it!

Man, 6s must be unreal, I only have 4s batteries. I read about so many of the problems that it seems 6s creates. But yet I still want to get one and try it!

I’ve never stripped a wheel on my 6s rigs.

More than likely due to an improperly tightened wheel nut... Check your nuts boys! 6s will rip things apart if not tightened right. Good luck with that fix!

All my wheels were very tight. I check them before each run. I found it very hard to believe that it stripped while being so tight. That takes a lot of torque! Also examined with magnifying glass, and no cracks, just plain stripped. Now I was running hard on the pavement with the stock tires, and I have the Just Bash It chassis and shock towers, so it has put on a little weight, and punch set to 9, with a HRB 5000mah 50/100C battery. Also just got my GPS meter in the mail. Got 60.2 mph out of it, with the optional speed gear. Everything else stock, except for the chassis and shock towers.

Here's where I saw the wheel pin thing. Good you tube channel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back