Kraton Stripped wing mount screws in diff case: Longer screws with lock nut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipSide

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
I did a search, but didn't find the answer.

The two wing mount screws going into the rear diff case are stripped on my Kraton (I mean the threads in the plastic diff case are stripped). I did quite a few bad landings on ther wing recently, so I guess that's the reason.

I already bought a new diff case and I am about to change it, but it seems silly to do so. I am thinking of using longer screws with a locknut on the other side of diff case instead of replacing a perfectly fine diff case that may strip again on the next bad landing. Did any of you did this? Any reasons not to do this?

Thanks!

I did a search, but didn't find the answer.

The two wing mount screws going into the rear diff case are stripped on my Kraton (I mean the threads in the plastic diff case are stripped). I did quite a few bad landings on ther wing recently, so I guess that's the reason.

I already bought a new diff case and I am about to change it, but it seems silly to do so. I am thinking of using longer screws with a locknut on the other side of diff case instead of replacing a perfectly fine diff case that may strip again on the next bad landing. Did any of you did this? Any reasons not to do this?

Thanks!
I’ve done the bolt thru for the lower bolts but not the wing mount screws. You could always jam some extra material like a small piece of zip tie, foil, or a toothpick in the hole to make it tight again. This is not a long term fix but will get you by until you can swap the housing.

I am on my third diff case for this reason and now the screws are missing again. I have decided to not use these screws. my wing will move on hard landings but I can just pull it back in place. To me its not a big deal and I am done messing with them.

I do the bolt thru on it every time. Works ok.... at times the screw will bend so badly you have to cut it out and not every nut fits in that tight space. Might be better off to just deal with it. As often as I go through diffs I have a surplus of cases laying around

Know this is a old post was looking at what others did when striped screws from gear box. Found this wing mount on Thingiverse

3 extra screws holding it in place to the bulk head

D02DCFC5-8F98-4683-A81B-389F5036C2D8.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back