Typhon Stronger Alternative for Typhon 3S Rear Turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamj804

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Is anyone aware of a stronger alternative for the rear turnbuckles on the Typhon 3S? The dimensions listed in the part description are M4x48MM. I keep bending them, even on clean landings. For reference they are part number AR330542.

No, just stock.

i bend them often as well.. im currently waiting on some titanium round stock to make my own.. im sure stronger ones are out there some place that will work.. you just may have to venture outside of arrma products... you may find similar dimensional turnbuckles from team associated or tekno and so on..

i bend them often as well.. im currently waiting on some titanium round stock to make my own.. im sure stronger ones are out there some place that will work.. you just may have to venture outside of arrma products... you may find similar dimensional turnbuckles from team associated or tekno and so on..
I bent 3 and broke 2 on my Typhon too. I've been meaning to look for a better alternative but I keep forgetting.

I run the gpm on the rear of my brcc they been holding up. Haven’t broke the stock fronts so don’t know how they hold up

I run the gpm on the rear of my brcc they been holding up. Haven’t broke the stock fronts so don’t know how they hold up
Idk if GPM makes any for the Typhon, they are longer than the Granite.

I have broke two and bent one of the K4S rears and need to find some as well. If you don’t M4 Titanium all thread, lmk and I will grab some too. I think I can simply CA or red TL a nut in the middle for adjustments.

I have broke two and bent one of the K4S rears and need to find some as well. If you don’t M4 Titanium all thread, lmk and I will grab some too. I think I can simply CA or red TL a nut in the middle for adjustments.
Lunsford Racing makes some M4x50 these might work for the Typhon. How long are the Kraton ones? They have 55, 60, 65 then 68. https://lunsfordracing.com/products/4mm-titanium-turnbuckle?variant=7723079237689
And they have a free replacement program.

You didn’t say 70mm ??
Sorry I posted a link and I didn't think they were that much longer than the Typhon ones I was only thinking 5-10 more mm.

Sorry I posted a link and I didn't think they were that much longer than the Typhon ones I was only thinking 5-10 more mm.
$13 a rod!?!? Can’t be worth that much ??‍♂️??‍♂️

$50/set is a lot for turn buckles on a basher.
Probably. They are the only company that I can think of off the top of my head that makes turnbuckles that aren't made from Chinesium.

Probably. They are the only company that I can think of off the top of my head that makes turnbuckles that aren't made from Chinesium.
Well it takes a whole 5 mins to swap out a $3.00 part. I think I’m good with that vs a $13 part. Especially when you need 6 of them

Well it takes a whole 5 mins to swap out a $3.00 part. I think I’m good with that vs a $13 part. Especially when you need 6 of them
I just work here ?

I know this is a pretty old thread...

I think the stock ones hold up pretty well when bashing! I first installed a set of GPM Racing Turnbuckles but they kept on breaking on me so I went back to the stock ones. I do like #GPMRacing C-hubs on the Front & Rears and I have an HR Bell crank to take out some of the slop.

IMG_5524.jpg

Question #ARRMAFAMILY has anyone tried these yet in your 3s rig?

Lunsford Arrma Typhon 3S Titanium Turnbuckle Kit​

1608126173579.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back