Strongest Lipo's for 6s arrma models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcast_mojave

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals hope all is well, and everyone's rigs are in tip top shape!, I wanted to inquire about the best / strongest / high/highest performance lipos for arrma 6s line of vehicles , right now I'm running 2 6000 HRB 60c lipos and after about 10 cycles they have flattened out and don't seem to perform like they once did , and get oddly warm , around 110f at the hottest one battery seems to drain lower then the others and is usually out of wack like 3.55/3.27/3.61 , I balance charge them at 1 to 2c , max , they are still operational and haven't puffed from what I can tell , but looking for other options, what do you guys think? Thank you for your time

I only use cheeaper packs cause I'm HARD on things.ive had good luck with hrbz.15ish runs throu these an all good.some big ol bricks thou.have launched
1 flew bout 30ft at end of this video

Screenshot_20201117-153802_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
I have also had good luck with some cheaper batteries, Goldbat, and also Povway have held up great. I run two 3s packs and they balance great and are always even after running. Also the Povway's are a nice light pack, lightest I own even being hard cases. Have only had issues with a Dynamite Reaction2 3s 50c lipo, one of the cells died on me after probably 50+ cycles.

I only use cheeaper packs cause I'm HARD on things.ive had good luck with hrbz.15ish runs throu these an all good.some big ol bricks thou.have launched
1 flew bout 30ft at end of this video

View attachment 109641
That’s a hoovo , you said HRB? Haha

also.. those hoovo packs listed don’t fit into the 6s compartment, ( 2x3s )I had to take my adjustable piece off to even get them to work PITA!

+1 for HRBs! My 6S pack has bowed and had around 50+ cycles so far but still runs like it's new. I've yet to see anyone have an issue with them on here so far (not that it can't happen!)

Hey guys and gals hope all is well, and everyone's rigs are in tip top shape!, I wanted to inquire about the best / strongest / high/highest performance lipos for arrma 6s line of vehicles , right now I'm running 2 6000 HRB 60c lipos and after about 10 cycles they have flattened out and don't seem to perform like they once did , and get oddly warm , around 110f at the hottest one battery seems to drain lower then the others and is usually out of wack like 3.55/3.27/3.61 , I balance charge them at 1 to 2c , max , they are still operational and haven't puffed from what I can tell , but looking for other options, what do you guys think? Thank you for your time
My guess is that either you didn’t store these properly or you have a bad charger. I have many HRB packs and they are holding up very good for me. I’m rough on everything I own. I don’t baby anything. But!! I do storage charge my lipos and treat them well.

also.. those hoovo packs listed don’t fit into the 6s compartment, ( 2x3s )I had to take my adjustable piece off to

also.. those hoovo packs listed don’t fit into the 6s compartment, ( 2x3s )I had to take my adjustable piece off to even get them to work PITA!
I've had good luck with HRBs.ya your right the hoovo don't fit.first thing I do is take off all the unnecessary BS plastic that's not needed on all on my 6s rides.the hoovos HARD PACKS HAVE BEEN THROU 15+ HARD RUNS HAVE FLOWN OUT TWICE.BROKE ONE BATTERY STRAP AND ARE STILL ALL GOOD.IMO A VERY DTRONG CHEAP 80C PACK.SORRY,LET ME BE MORE CLEAR WITH POST
Hoovo

Attachments

• 16056556915072144109873824018891.jpg
    16056556915072144109873824018891.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I always store them at storage charge and use a ISDT T8 charger , the batteries fit no problem , you take slider peice out put packs in put slider peice back into its spot , thanks guys I'll keep looking around I wish this covid would clean up so I could get some turnigy rapid's or some nano Tech's or some nice graphenes ! Have a good day every one

Turnigy Graphenes, 6000mah
If they can handle my 3d airplanes at a solid 125amps they are more than good for the Outcast and Mojave.
Please note, EC5 connectors, not XT90 like Talbot always downgrades his vehicles with

My brother has had his Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh 75C 6S pack for a while and they don't appear to have trailed off yet.
I literally just bought two 6s 6000mAh Graphene Panther packs for my 1/5th and I have no concerns about their power.
Turnigy Graphenes, 6000mah
If they can handle my 3d airplanes at a solid 125amps they are more than good for the Outcast and Mojave.
Please note, EC5 connectors, not XT90 like Talbot always downgrades his vehicles with
I've pulled 280A for ~1 minute from XT90s and they held up perfectly fine, barely got hot.
Swapped to 8mm bullets now but I still wouldn't hesitate to use XT90s, in Kev's case I can't blame him, it's a similar problem to tech debt imo.

Last edited:
My brother has had his Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh 75C 6S pack for a while and they don't appear to have trailed off yet.
I literally just bought two 6s 6000mAh Graphene Panther packs for my 1/5th and I have no concerns about their power.

I've pulled 280A for ~1 minute from XT90s and they held up perfectly fine, barely got hot.
Swapped to 8mm bullets now but I still wouldn't hesitate to XT90s, in Kev's case I can't blame him, it's a similar problem to tech debt imo.
Good info!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back