Kraton Structual Upgrades Complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What capacity turing batteries are you running there. I can't get mine to fit good in the tray at all.

Installed the Hobbystar 4092 1730Kv motor and the Hot Racing servo horn and arm.

DSCF2814.JPG
DSCF2812.JPG
DSCF2813.JPG

Looking good! I just received a Leopard 4092/1730. I was toying with the idea of putting it in my 3S Typhon, but I know the stock ESC won't handle it. I have a Max 6 on order, but on slow boat, and not expected till April. Maybe I'll put it in my Kraton. Do you think the stock ESC on the Kraton will handle it? Also, I've got to look up the KV's of the stock motor, I think they are higher than 1730, so I would loose some speed??? And I have that Castle 1515/220kv combo I bought from this site awhile ago. Maybe it would be better in the 3S. I do have some 5mm .6 mod pinions. Opinions wanted.

Looking good! I just received a Leopard 4092/1730. I was toying with the idea of putting it in my 3S Typhon, but I know the stock ESC won't handle it. I have a Max 6 on order, but on slow boat, and not expected till April. Maybe I'll put it in my Kraton. Do you think the stock ESC on the Kraton will handle it? Also, I've got to look up the KV's of the stock motor, I think they are higher than 1730, so I would loose some speed??? And I have that Castle 1515/220kv combo I bought from this site awhile ago. Maybe it would be better in the 3S. I do have some 5mm .6 mod pinions. Opinions wanted.

The leopard would destroy your 3s rig. Even the Castle 1515-2200 would be too much for it in my opinion. As far as the BLX185 handling the Leopard.....I wouldn't even attempt it. I think would nuke the BLX185 in short order.

Stock BLX185 motor is 2050kv. You would want to gear up for the 1730. I'm running a 19t and it hauls ass. People also run 20t's. I wouldn't go higher than that.

I need to replace the HR motor mount. The hole on the part that attaches to the motor stripped out. And of course I stripped out the set screw in the brand new pinion. FML

I look forward to hearing how it breaks. I’ll say wheel driveshaft. I was busting them with a smaller (1512) 2650kv motor. The torque from the 1515-2200kv should do them right in ? Good luck!

Just set the Mamba2 Monster up. LOWEST punch. Put my little GPR sticky slicks on. 23 pinion. I was going to put a XT60 on the ESC, so I could run a 3S or 4S, but the wires were so big, I did the XT90, and of course I just have to try the 6S. Probably go to my unopened road tomorrow, and give it a whirl. Should be a hoot for a very little while! After I blow the driveshafts, and or diffs, I'll make an adapter, to go back down to 3 or 4S:)

I would run wire extenders to the esc if you air it or wreck it good enough the chassis flex will pull them out that was my experience with this set up and i just wasn't comfortable with that much tension on my wires or speed control bullets.

I would run wire extenders to the esc if you air it or wreck it good enough the chassis flex will pull them out that was my experience with this set up and i just wasn't comfortable with that much tension on my wires or speed control bullets.

I'm going to extend the wires. Even plugging them in is a female dog. I'm also thinking of using a piece of this to cushion/support the rear of the motor:

20190301_080332.jpg

I don't want to drill the M2C chassis and I really don't want to add any more weight, so I think this will be my best option. It's pretty dense but has some give to it. I'll use double sided tape to secure it. What do you think?

I'm going to extend the wires. Even plugging them in is a female dog. I'm also thinking of using a piece of this to cushion/support the rear of the motor:

View attachment 31421

I don't want to drill the M2C chassis and I really don't want to add any more weight, so I think this will be my best option. It's pretty dense but has some give to it. I'll use double sided tape to secure it. What do you think?
I would find a washer that fits under the motor and glue it in

View attachment 31421

Here's what i did and it works pretty good probably better than the foam it worked with the stock motor mount on mine get popsicle stick cut it the length of the motor and just hot glue it in place so it's removable still it fits like perfect tight and doesn't add extra weight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back