Kraton Structual Upgrades Complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what i did and it works pretty good probably better than the foam it worked with the stock motor mount on mine get popsicle stick cut it the length of the motor and just hot glue it in place so it's removable still it fits like perfect tight and doesn't add extra weight
Also throw a piece of electrical tape on that back bearing to cover it keep extra debris out im gonna start another post now to show an old trick to keep the majority of dirt out of the front bearing

20190301_135734.jpg

Definitely looks really nice. It was just too heavy for my taste.

For the long can motor, just put a strip of double sided tape under it, should be fine. What is your concern?

As far as motor mount, M2C should be finished up soon I was able to pre order last week, although I have to say I’m really happy with the eBay one I have. it will also sit your motor much higher so I think I’ll keep it till I see how the M2C works.

Look how high that sits without a pinion, it angles up, and that 6 pole motor you see is 5mm fatter than a factory Arrma can. Add a 19-20T pinion and the motor goes up another 2-3mm.

After all these mods, I’m thinking next time just buy 3 diffs off eBay and build up a truck from scratch, not much original left

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of the old ACNCM stuff for the t-maxx. There's wasn't as pretty, but it was very bulky.
Problem is that just bash it RC relies on sheer mass with their parts VS higher grade materials and engineering.

Might as well make a 10mm chassis so there is no chance of bending and put 1/5th scale electronics

For the long can motor, just put a strip of double sided tape under it, should be fine. What is your concern?

As far as motor mount, M2C should be finished up soon I was able to pre order last week, although I have to say I’m really happy with the eBay one I have. it will also sit your motor much higher so I think I’ll keep it till I see how the M2C works.

Look how high that sits without a pinion, it angles up, and that 6 pole motor you see is 5mm fatter than a factory Arrma can. Add a 19-20T pinion and the motor goes up another 2-3mm.

After all these mods, I’m thinking next time just buy 3 diffs off eBay and build up a truck from scratch, not much original left

I guess the concern is that when you land big jumps the back of the motor will push towards the chassis and stress the screws that hold it to the mount. I'm just going by what I've read.

I guess the concern is that when you land big jumps the back of the motor will push towards the chassis and stress the screws that hold it to the mount. I'm just going by what I've read.
I don’t think you need to worry as much now with the M2c. Try the DS tape imo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back