Vorteks Struggling with the Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSR85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Yes, the vorteks is my first serious RC in a while, but I am struggling to find what it’s good at other than high speeds on smooth surfaces, it seems to get overwhelmed with choppy surfaces as speeds pick up.

I have tried different spring spacers, and I feel like that is not the answer. I will try 750 CST shock oil next.

I am pretty open to long shocking(with towers), or typhon long arming it. I say this because the vorteks has the new electronic package that so far I am getting along with… Also, I’m open to LWB hacking it and doing a typhon wing.

I have also experimented with badlands MX28 belted and non-belted, I like the belted more for consistency.

I just want a more versatile car, or maybe I just suck at driving RCs.

Post a picture of the surface you are running on. It has to be somewhat smooth because it's a short wheelbase car that's lower to the ground than the other 3S cars.

For choppy surfaces, you want a lighter spring rate and thinner shock fluid. The stock springs are pretty stiff on the Vorteks for higher speed pavement runs.

I'm running 20% softer springs in the front and 50% softer springs in the rear on this dirt track, and it's not even super bumpy. Drives much better.

ehhh....I have no trouble with my Typhon on Badland MX28's. If you're running in THICK grass, it'l struggle. Everything else you should be able to rip through. I'm not so sure what you were expecting? backflips? 100 foot jumps? heehe!!

I've got a Big Rock and a Senton with Granite wheels a 15t pinion and trimmed body. The Big Rock feels similar to what your experiencing but the monster Senton is the sweet spot. Maybe try gearing down and adding Granite wheels.

No, I have no illusions as it’s a ~$400 mid level RC.

I find it gets overwhelmed on choppy surfaces and it’s hard to gauge what is going to make the car way overshoot or come up way short. I feel the saving grace is these things are fairly tough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back