Stubaxle mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Typhon 6s
So far 3 broken..the outer the diamater are 10mm, so i found some old TC shocks and cut them to right length. Fits like a glove..so far 6s bashing on tarmac and sand zeeo problem.

20150617_172455_zps3jwzi3ww.jpg

20150617_172523_zpsxpodfbbx.jpg

20150617_183902_zpsodr0nper.jpg

Same thing I had to do to my RC18MT a few years back, worked like a champ
I know this is off topic but griff im working on an 18mt too i got the 52kv brushless 60amp esc rpm parts im on 60/14 gearing gpm shocks did the dogbone covers and it works well, but i cant keep it straight!
I did the 65mg servo with the correct servosaver w/ spring mod metal steering block.... and have switched back and forth between the stock turnbuckels and steel, but i still cant seem to get it to hold straight.... is there some trick im missing, or is it because its an 1/18 that makes it not as stable as far as turning is concerened...

So far 3 broken..the outer the diamater are 10mm, so i found some old TC shocks and cut them to right length. Fits like a glove..so far 6s bashing on tarmac and sand zeeo problem.
Thats a neat idea, but doesn't that only help with the dogbones flying out? Not sure how it helps from bending/breaking

I will say that those axels freakin' bend quick even with the stock motor there was powerloss from them bending in the first month

When the rear suspension are fully compress the dogbone starts to stress the subaxle. My 3 failure was them splitting ing half...this prevents them from "opening" i have zero probl3ms since th3 mod..even on 6s

Sorry for the late reply give me a chance this weekend and I will pull mine down and take some photos. Mine is probably not as fast as yours I am running a reedy brushed motor in mine.

You are everywhere Thomas...Lol, I'm the guy who asked if you were the man behind the 6s build in the FB group recently

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back