Granite Stuck bearing race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
Hey guys, back to bearings….
Before I could replace my stock bearings I had another explode in the plastic part of the motor mount (the pill tab side). It looks like the outer race of the bearing is jammed in there and I can’t figure out how to get it out.
I dunno. Maybe give it an ice bath and hope it shrinks a wee bit? Any other ideas?

0B983EA7-C647-4170-893C-F869271BA91E.jpeg

Get a thin blade screwdriver and aim it between the plastic and race from the other side. Or in the groove of the race itself. Tap it with a hammer or mallet.

If you can get to it from the other side use a socket the same size as the outer diameter of the race and bang it out.
If you can’t access the race from the back use a socket the same size as the inner diameter of the race, bash/wedge that in there and you might be able to pull it out.

Yes!!!!!!!! Got it!!! Omg thank you. Almost gave up. Tried it last night. And the socket went through and got stuck. This am I have it a go and it came out!

Yes!!!!!!!! Got it!!! Omg thank you. Almost gave up. Tried it last night. And the socket went through and got stuck. This am I have it a go and it came out!
Sometimes it's best to sleep on it. I don't get to work on projects until after my kids go to bed, so it usually pretty late when I hit a snag with something. A good nights sleep (or more likely, laying in bed all night thinking about the problem) usually produces a solution.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back