Talion Stuck motor mount screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxpayne321

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
This issue is not with my Arma Kraton, but with my Talion. I figure it applies to any RC car. Long story short, I was trying to remove my motor mount on my car so I can fix the pinion gear that came loose, but I could not remove the motor mount screws, being that they are stuck on so tight with Loctite. Anyway, I managed to remove one of the screws, but could not get the others out. I applied so much pressure, that the screwdriver tip broke off in the screw. And now I cannot get the motor mount off. I tried drilling the broken tip out only managed to break two drill bits trying. I even managed to completely strip the other screw. So now there are two screws I cannot get out. Other than destroying my chassis to get the screws out, how can I get them out? Has anyone had this problem? How did you get the screws out? My car is barely two weeks old. I was thinking of calling Tower Hobbies and explaining the situation, maybe they can help?

This issue is not with my Arma Kraton, but with my Talion. I figure it applies to any RC car. Long story short, I was trying to remove my motor mount on my car so I can fix the pinion gear that came loose, but I could not remove the motor mount screws, being that they are stuck on so tight with Loctite. Anyway, I managed to remove one of the screws, but could not get the others out. I applied so much pressure, that the screwdriver tip broke off in the screw. And now I cannot get the motor mount off. I tried drilling the broken tip out only managed to break two drill bits trying. I even managed to completely strip the other screw. So now there are two screws I cannot get out. Other than destroying my chassis to get the screws out, how can I get them out? Has anyone had this problem? How did you get the screws out? My car is barely two weeks old. I was thinking of calling Tower Hobbies and explaining the situation, maybe they can help?
Heat a tool red hot an place in head of screw a few times allowing heat to pass down to threads an we'll eventually soften loctite to let screw come out. Seen on you tube video.worked for me few times.

Heat a tool red hot an place in head of screw a few times allowing heat to pass down to threads an we'll eventually soften loctite to let screw come out. Seen on you tube video.worked for me few times.

Used to use Loctite 243 Medium on the motor mount screws through the chassi, very hard to remove. Now I use Loctite 222 Soft on those, since those M4's are countersunk that's all that's needed.
I use Loctite 243 Medium to mount the motor. Removable with a driver with a good bit. Hudy bit with a 1/4 hex ratchet works for me.
I use Loctite 270 Hard on the pinion screw, I have to heat the pinion screw with a soldering iron for a while in order to remove it.

Yup. Heat it up. A good soldering iron can work, but you have to leave it on for 60 seconds or so. Also, if you have one of those cig lighters that are a mini-torch - they work good for this too, at least for the screws on the bottom of the chassis.

Sounds like dremeling slots in the screwheads is the best you can do now and watch your eyes as the screwdriver tip grinds/breaks up it's going to shoot pieces around.

2018-0528-DremelScrewSlot.jpg

Then use a lot of downforce and a standard screwdriver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back