Stuck Wheels (remedy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uz2busmc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
As the title says, my wheels were stuck on my Typhon. As in, after removing the nut, they would not come off of the hub. I tried with a decent amount of force to pull them free (few different techniques) and tried a bit of hammering while holding the wheel. All to no avail. I was trying not to wreck anything so at this point I stopped and hit the search engine.

After searching around the internet a bit I found a thread were someone suggested buying a puller from an automotive store or Harbor Freight. It didn't appear they had actually tried that method but I decided to give it a go. Purchased a 3 piece gear puller set from HF (3", 4" and 6") and it did the trick nicely. After simply putting the 6" puller together by hand, I put it on the wheel making sure the claws sat evenly around the tire and had a bite on the wheel (not the tire) then used the arrma wrench to crank it down. After a short fight the wheels "popped" and were off. Nearly no effort on my end. One thing to note, the puller did deform the rim greatly as it was doing it's thing. They seemed to go back to shape, however, but just be warned, it doesn't look pretty and can't be sure they are fine until I run them again.

I searched here and only found a few threads on this topic which were scattered about so I figured I'd put the information here in the "wheels & Tires" section in case someone comes looking for a solution. If this has already been posted here and I didn't catch it during my search, my apologies. Below is the link to the tools I purchased...if anyone decides to go this route be sure you get a puller big enough for your application.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/pullers/3-piece-three-jaw-puller-set-8832.html

As the title says, my wheels were stuck on my Typhon. As in, after removing the nut, they would not come off of the hub. I tried with a decent amount of force to pull them free (few different techniques) and tried a bit of hammering while holding the wheel. All to no avail. I was trying not to wreck anything so at this point I stopped and hit the search engine.

After searching around the internet a bit I found a thread were someone suggested buying a puller from an automotive store or Harbor Freight. It didn't appear they had actually tried that method but I decided to give it a go. Purchased a 3 piece gear puller set from HF (3", 4" and 6") and it did the trick nicely. After simply putting the 6" puller together by hand, I put it on the wheel making sure the claws sat evenly around the tire and had a bite on the wheel (not the tire) then used the arrma wrench to crank it down. After a short fight the wheels "popped" and were off. Nearly no effort on my end. One thing to note, the puller did deform the rim greatly as it was doing it's thing. They seemed to go back to shape, however, but just be warned, it doesn't look pretty and can't be sure they are fine until I run them again.

I searched here and only found a few threads on this topic which were scattered about so I figured I'd put the information here in the "wheels & Tires" section in case someone comes looking for a solution. If this has already been posted here and I didn't catch it during my search, my apologies. Below is the link to the tools I purchased...if anyone decides to go this route be sure you get a puller big enough for your application.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/pullers/3-piece-three-jaw-puller-set-8832.html
Broooooooo its 2021 and I'm having the same issue, I'm literally looking for gear pullers as well🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back