Stuff is about to get real!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So, after only 3 runs the 1211sg is going back to Savox ?, turns out I got a dud new out of the box. So I'm going to send it, get a new replacement from them, wrap it up & throw it under the tree for my Step-son l. I was fed up, and decided to get the no F'ing around Savox as an early xmas present to myself.?

20191127_142012.jpg

Yes, I got the Grandaddy of all Savoxs?

So, after only 3 runs the 1211sg is going back to Savox ?, turns out I got a dud new out of the box. So I'm going to send it, get a new replacement from them, wrap it up & throw it under the tree for my Step-son l. I was fed up, and decided to get the no F'ing around Savox as an early xmas present to myself.?

View attachment 55384
Yes, I got the Grandaddy of all Savoxs?
Just picked up one of these myself! No more f’ing around is right!! ??

Will be running with MAX6 combo - but have a Hobbywing UBEC 10A on the way! (because why not??)
Same, powered by Max6, but have a Castle bec on standby (leftover from my stock esc days), need to take it to my lhs guy and have it bumped to 8.4V, cause almost 700oz of torque isn't enough ????
@sleekone How's she running on the Max6? Plan on installing mine tomorrow morning (I don't watch football?). Already have a GKA Ackerman plate, might need some Lunsford Ti turnbuckles to stand up to it!?

Last edited:
Same, powered by Max6, but have a Castle bec on standby (leftover from my stock esc days), need to take it to my lhs guy and have it bumped to 8.4V, cause almost 700oz of torque isn't enough ????
@sleekone How's she running on the Max6? Plan on installing mine tomorrow morning (I don't watch football?). Already have a GKA Ackerman plate, might need some Lunsford Ti turnbuckles to stand up to it!?
Haven’t installed it yet! I was waiting on my Scorched Parts Ti chassis (arrived a couple days ago) to put it all together in a Ti Kraton build: KRATANIUM! ??

Side note: I do have the Lunsford Ti turnbuckle installed though and you’ll enjoy those!

PS: Scorched Parts makes a nice Ti ackerman plate too - I know - I’ve got one! ?

Last edited:
Ok so this is weird @sleekone this is the first servo, Savox or otherwise, that I've had to reverse the steering on my TX (futaba 4pv).? I've never had to reverse the steering. Have you opened yours yet, and given it a test? I wonder if yours is reversed as well?
That’s weird, but it happens I guess. I haven’t opened mine - was gonna work on putting it all together this weekend but it’s the wife’s birthday so, you know...?
I’ll do it once she falls asleep! ??

Ok so this is weird @sleekone this is the first servo, Savox or otherwise, that I've had to reverse the steering on my TX (futaba 4pv).? I've never had to reverse the steering. Have you opened yours yet, and given it a test? I wonder if yours is reversed as well?
It’s funny that you say that I have a hitec forgot the model but anyways it died on me I sent it back they fixed it they replaced an amp or something like that. When I installed it it was reversed

That’s weird, but it happens I guess. I haven’t opened mine - was gonna work on putting it all together this weekend but it’s the wife’s birthday so, you know...?
I’ll do it once she falls asleep! ??
I literally did the same thing last night?. I had it hidden in my coat, took the old servo and prepped to get started at 6AM!? I started at 550am!??
I know everyone is anxiously awaiting my verdict....It's freaking amazing! When I get to my in law's house for dinner?, and back on Wifi I have a short demo vid to upload.?

Very nice. Smooth like butter! Did you wire in a BEC or letting the MAX5 do its thing? What voltage do you have the ESC set at?
Max6 set at 7.4V, and a ProTek glitch buster in the receiver. It is not clicky all the time like other Savoxs. And setting the endpoints you'll definitely here it go from barely buzzing (correct endpoint), to really grunting. I think this is the first servo that could honestly break the rack!? I also have that 24mm Vanquish double clamping horn that I'm glad I have. This thing will rip apart a stock horn imo. If you look I also made my own link out of two shock ends from my RC8B3.1E and a M3 screw found in the sway bar links to join them. But also I found it sitting too high with the 2mm spacers under the tabs. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back