Outcast Stunt Request for the Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afro Samurai

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
..check out intro...forward flip with pause...and again at time stamps 2:40 to 2:48 or so they do full speed and slow motion...it seems like a deliberate pause...I thought it looked pretty slick...got to give credit to their driver...

this Tekno truck...looks close in size to the outcast..i just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone wants to replicate it...and post your session or attempt here...

I'm sure Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme can work it into one of his routines...perhaps improve on it by having it pause and clock every 90 degrees before landing?...

Last edited:
..check out intro...forward flip with pause...and again at time stamps 2:40 to 2:48 or so they do full speed and slow motion...it seems like a deliberate pause...I thought it looked pretty slick...got to give credit to their driver...

this Tekno truck...looks close in size to the outcast..i just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone wants to replicate it...and post your session or attempt here...

I'm sure Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme can work it into one of his routines...perhaps improve on it by having it pause and clock every 90 degrees before landing?...

That Tekno looks pretty sweet, I'll see if I can pull that one off the ramp, did same thing with a backflip pause, hard to do cleanly on 6s.

Afro samurai ,

I linked that video (and more) in "the real stunt truck" thread:
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/you-call-that-a-stunt-truck-this-is-a-stunt-truck.2270/

In a separate video:

Rich/RCNetwork compares it directly to the Outcast. At 3:00, you can see it's got virtually the same dimensions as the Outcast, but weighs a full 1 pound lighter.

In all the vids I've seen- it's tough as nails, and does all kinds of things on 4S/16T

The downside is it doesn't come with a motor, esc, tyres or even body, so I have to source that, plus add 4-8 hours to turn it from a pile of parts to a moving vehicle. I don't understand why some RC manufacturers don't offer the option of prebuilt.

I haven't seen any videos of people doing stunts with their Outcast like ARRMA's promotional videos at http://www.arrma-rc.com/outcast/

Last edited:
And, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this thing still like $400?

Hmmm.

Back in 1984 a Plastic model kit like the Tamiya Hornet costed around $300.

I can't remember the exact price, but 300 1984 dollars is about 900 2017 dollars in Australia.

Today in AU this kit is about 2/3rds the price of a Hornet.

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Back in 1984 a Plastic model kit like the Tamiya Hornet plastic model kit costed around $300.

I can't remember the exact price, but 300 1984 dollars is about 900 2017 dollars in Australia.

Today in AU this kit is about 2/3rds the price of a Hornet.

yep..and 2000 times more performance. ..

They are using a sensored Tekin motor w/ RX8 on the TEKNO MT410 video. The electronics alone are worth over $300 !!! You can't compare an ARRMA $500 RTR kit with a $900+ TEKNO MT410 and call it apples to apples.

hmmmm ...wrong...topic was not intended to be a comparison. ..but rather a call to those interested to replicate the stunt...

now go try it if you can or rather if you dare...my attempts so far have been unsuccessful. ..but surely somebody can...do it for the challenge...improve on it if possible...do it because it looks cool...

hmmmm ...wrong...topic was not intended to be a comparison. ..but rather a call to those interested to replicate the stunt...

now go try it if you can or rather if you dare...my attempts so far have been unsuccessful. ..but surely somebody can...do it for the challenge...improve on it if possible...do it because it looks cool...

What pinion are you running?

stock pinion...I think I need to set my punch setting all the way up...I need more practice. ..weather sucks...hopefully it's better this weekend...
If you swap to the 16 you will be shocked at how much mid-air control you have and how responsive it is. My punch setting is stock and 6s with the 16 tooth is absolutely insane. I'm sure with the right person behind the controls the pause in the flip could be replicated.

I'm not throwing this in as a dollars comparison. I have a Kraton and love the truck and everything in it, but the difference between the electronics has to be taken into consideration. My Kraton seems to have a touch of lag time from brake to throttle etc. I have owned the Tekin RX8 sensored system and it isincredibly smooth and responsive and also insanely tuneable(not as durable in my opinion). I had it in a race truggy and most if not all racers use sensored systems for the added level of smoothness, touch and tuning options. I think you put the RX8 sensored system into the outcast, give the remote to the dude that made the original video and he could do replicate the "stunt" in short order. Put the stock Outcast electronics In the Tekno Mt410 and hand the same guy the remote and he would not be able to replicate. I could be very wrong in my assessment and somebody may be skilled enough to pull it off with a stock Outcast, but you would need to jump the thing off a cliff like ThomasP, to have enough time to make it happen. That's the other crazy part about the vid. The guys pulls the trick off on a pretty moderate sized jump with a low "flight path".

I'm not throwing this in as a dollars comparison. I have a Kraton and love the truck and everything in it, but the difference between the electronics has to be taken into consideration. My Kraton seems to have a touch of lag time from brake to throttle etc. I have owned the Tekin RX8 sensored system and it isincredibly smooth and responsive and also insanely tuneable(not as durable in my opinion). I had it in a race truggy and most if not all racers use sensored systems for the added level of smoothness, touch and tuning options. I think you put the RX8 sensored system into the outcast, give the remote to the dude that made the original video and he could do replicate the "stunt" in short order. Put the stock Outcast electronics In the Tekno Mt410 and hand the same guy the remote and he would not be able to replicate. I could be very wrong in my assessment and somebody may be skilled enough to pull it off with a stock Outcast, but you would need to jump the thing off a cliff like ThomasP, to have enough time to make it happen. That's the other crazy part about the vid. The guys pulls the trick off on a pretty moderate sized jump with a low "flight path".

yesss...low ramp...and was able to do it...thats why I posted it...is anyone here up to snuff to pull it off...maybe it is the truck electronics...I don't know...good point...I would be happy if I can get close but I am thinking I need to tweak my setup a bit more...pinion change as one person suggested...and punch settings. ....not to mention me just becoming a better driver...but surely somebody can pull it off I hope...but I will keep trying. ..

If it's due to input lag (is that the right term) then surely one could adapt and compensate?

Perhaps it's also about the physics- mass, power/weight ratio, aerodynamics of the vehicle. That MT410 can do wheelies without wheels on the wheelie bar, doesn't need a wing to fly...

The MT410 has a certain finesse- oodles of power of tap, but controlled, even graceful in its manoeuvres.
Thr Outcast, at least on 6S/16T, appears wild, untameable, like a beast, as others have described it. It doesn't want to do a lazy standing single backflip- it just wants to do 2 or 3 or more!

Or perhaps it's all more to do with the user:
A Mont Blanc pen doesn't help you write a award winning novel.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back