Kraton Stupid motor fan question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHB

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
How is everyone powering their motor fans?
I got a Hobbywing C4 motor fan & heatsink for Christmas (along with a bunch of other upgrade goodies), and I'm now realizing I forgot to account for how to power it.....

v3 Kraton, stock electronics, running 4S

Exactly.. there is always an open port on the rx... you can use any of the left over ports to power a fan without any issues

How is everyone powering their motor fans?
I got a Hobbywing C4 motor fan & heatsink for Christmas (along with a bunch of other upgrade goodies), and I'm now realizing I forgot to account for how to power it.....

v3 Kraton, stock electronics, running 4S
I’m running 3 fans off 1 open for fans, what else you running lights and horn,

I’m running 3 fans off 1 open for fans, what else you running lights and horn,
I'm considering some basic lights for nighttime goofing around, but that's not a priority at the moment. I'm accumulating all my upgrade parts, before tearing it all the way down and doing all the work in one shot.

Just keep in mind. The stock blx can only handle 3amps on its bec circuit.. that includes the steering servo as well.. you will hit those limits quick

Yes. 3 fans and a good servo will take up most of that.
All depends on what fans and servo you have.

Yeah you are pretty much maxed out. Lol
You are actually over running. On stall it is a 6amp servo... thankfully it isn't often you go full lock on a servo.... fans don't draw a ton but 3 add up... you can run lights but while they are on just remember steering and fans will not be working 100%. An external bec will help all that or a upgraded esc which is the route I take. My max 6 will put out 7.2v at 10amps

Last edited:
I have three fans and a 25kg Amazon servo on my Typhon 3S and never had issues that I know of.

Yeah you are pretty much maxed out. Lol
You are actually over running. On stall it is a 6amp servo... thankfully it isn't often you go full lock on a servo.... fans don't draw a ton but 3 add up... you can run lights but while they are on just remember steering and fans will not be working 100%. An external bec will help all that or a upgraded esc which is the route I take. My max 6 will put out 7.2v at 10amps
No lights for me that was other dude post
I’m just fans Bashing till battery does no temp issues here running
13-15t May jump to 16 but damn I’m fast enough running 14t definitely hitting 60+ need that radar gun damn amazon bs

Attachments

• 20A827A3-7265-46EA-B263-9F81FFA7D020.jpeg
    20A827A3-7265-46EA-B263-9F81FFA7D020.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 48
You wont really notice am issue it will be like running a smaller mah battery... it will still work. Your biggest thing will be the biggest draw. If you servo calls for say 3 amps and you only have say 2.5 available then you wont have the full torque it is able to produce. Lights don't draw much, fans draw slightly more. Those turbo fans depending on the size can draw 1 amp and a hv servo pulls a lot... everything will just run slower. So fans will slow down and servo will lose torque. But remember that is combined max load.. so as long as you are not just driving in circles it wont thermal much quicker lol...

I had the BLX185 and ran the savox 1210sg servo (6A at stall @6V), then put a splitter on the esc fan output to run the esc fan and a 50mm HW fan on my motor. Ran fine all year. 9K rpm 30-40mm fans are usually rated between .15A and .24A each. So they do add up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back