Big Rock Stupid question: Big Rock receiver wires!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGHolman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I searched through the manual, online, and on the forums, but I can't find a good clean pic of how the wires are supposed to connect to the diff brain and receiver. I just picked up a used Big Rock in excellent shape but it was missing Rx/Tx and now I'm trying to figure out what plugs in where.

Thank you for any advice or pics!

Adam

You need to match up two pages from the manual page 19 shows the stock receiver and page 24 shows the diff brain. The one thing the manual does not really cover is the wire colors. The diff servos are Orange, Red & Brown while the ESC and Steering Servo have White, Red & Black. To mach them up

Orange should always line up with White
Red
should always line up with Red
Brown
should always line up with Black

That being said here is what needs to be plugged in...

Receiver (B) Battery - EMPTY
Receiver (1) CH1 - Steering Servo
Receiver (2) CH2 - Diff Brain Throttle In (this is the black plug on the diff brain)
Receiver (3) CH3 - Diff Brain Aux In (this is the white plug on the diff brain)

Also you will want to make sure that the diff brain itself is connected properly. When looking at the ports on the diff brain from left to right you have:

Diff Brain Far Left - Rear Diff Servo
Diff Brain Mid Left - Center Diff Servo
Diff Brain Mid Right - Front Diff Servo
Diff Brain Far Right - Throttle Out from ESC (This is the throttle wire from the ESC)

I have no idea why Arrma made the Throttle control go through the Diff Brain, as far as I can tell it is unnecessary, but if you want to be sure everything will work correctly I recommend plugging it in this way. For sure it will work as long as all your parts are in good working condition since this is how Arrma designed it.

Below is a picture of my Receiver and Diff Brain. One additional note since you are obviously already working with all these wires and I learned this the hard way. Make sure that you keep all of these wires away from the drive shafts, motor and spur gear. Especially the ESC throttle wire, it is longer than it needs to be and can get caught up very easily in the spur gear. I added LEDs to my truck and while I was testing the LEDs I was not paying enough attention to these wires and managed to let the ESC throttle wire get caught up in the spur gear. I was lucky the ESC is fine, but I did have to cut a section of wire out and the re-solder the wire back together again.

BigRock_ESC_and_Receiver.jpg

Hi everyone,
I searched through the manual, online, and on the forums, but I can't find a good clean pic of how the wires are supposed to connect to the diff brain and receiver. I just picked up a used Big Rock in excellent shape but it was missing Rx/Tx and now I'm trying to figure out what plugs in where.

Thank you for any advice or pics!

Adam
Could u message me about ur big rock having problems maybe u can help

You need to match up two pages from the manual page 19 shows the stock receiver and page 24 shows the diff brain. The one thing the manual does not really cover is the wire colors. The diff servos are Orange, Red & Brown while the ESC and Steering Servo have White, Red & Black. To mach them up

Orange should always line up with White
Red
should always line up with Red
Brown
should always line up with Black

That being said here is what needs to be plugged in...

Receiver (B) Battery - EMPTY
Receiver (1) CH1 - Steering Servo
Receiver (2) CH2 - Diff Brain Throttle In (this is the black plug on the diff brain)
Receiver (3) CH3 - Diff Brain Aux In (this is the white plug on the diff brain)

Also you will want to make sure that the diff brain itself is connected properly. When looking at the ports on the diff brain from left to right you have:

Diff Brain Far Left - Rear Diff Servo
Diff Brain Mid Left - Center Diff Servo
Diff Brain Mid Right - Front Diff Servo
Diff Brain Far Right - Throttle Out from ESC (This is the throttle wire from the ESC)

I have no idea why Arrma made the Throttle control go through the Diff Brain, as far as I can tell it is unnecessary, but if you want to be sure everything will work correctly I recommend plugging it in this way. For sure it will work as long as all your parts are in good working condition since this is how Arrma designed it.

Below is a picture of my Receiver and Diff Brain. One additional note since you are obviously already working with all these wires and I learned this the hard way. Make sure that you keep all of these wires away from the drive shafts, motor and spur gear. Especially the ESC throttle wire, it is longer than it needs to be and can get caught up very easily in the spur gear. I added LEDs to my truck and while I was testing the LEDs I was not paying enough attention to these wires and managed to let the ESC throttle wire get caught up in the spur gear. I was lucky the ESC is fine, but I did have to cut a section of wire out and the re-solder the wire back together again.

View attachment 11430
Could receiver port B be used for led's? I'm new to the hobby and I want led's but can't find an easy way to do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back