Stupidest way to break a bone 🙄

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey!! I remember us talking about that a year ago I believe. Happy birthday to your daughter! I bet she is loving that gorgeous horse you got her!
Right crazy how the time flies for sure! She definitely is loving her horse and happier her brother can't ride or tell her what to do about it😂 Again happy anniversary!

Right crazy how the time flies for sure! She definitely is loving her horse and happier her brother can't ride or tell her what to do about it😂 Again happy anniversary!
Thanks buddy, it truly is a happy day. She just took her first walk and made it way farther then expected. She doing very good and should be released tomorrow.

Also, she just told me shes getting me a team Associated MT10 for an anniversary gift soon as she is able. I guess I’ve been talking about it an awful lot. Of course I filmed her saying it just in case she’s too doped up to remember later 🤣 JK…she actually loves that I’m so into this hobby. She knows how good it is for me. And since I share my passion and cars with everyone I love it’s win-win far as she’s concerned.

Super happy everything went ok! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Now don't piss her off by talking about RC's with us too much today! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks man!! I know lol…She’s in and out of sleep quite a bit. I’m headed home soon anyway to be with the kid. The hospital bent the rules for me last night but not going to push it tonite.

The bruising finally started around noon. Ugh…now it looks like it feels 🤣

C34F1B1B-716E-40EC-B605-62F1A2FF5151.jpeg

The bruising finally started around noon. Ugh…now it looks like it feels 🤣

View attachment 174285
I'm glad I waited to finally chime in. First off, glad to hear your wife is doing well. Second, awesome that you and your little girl have broken new ground in your relationship. Heartwarming barely starts to describe how this story is playing out. About your foot. I know your pain. I did a 360 on my bike six weeks ago and didn't get it really checked out til about two weeks ago. Turns out if torn all kinds of ligaments and tendons in both my shoulders, fortunately only minor ones. Doesn't help make it any less painful, but each day I know I'm blessed that I didn't break my neck and get to continue doing all the things I love to do. Hope your pain ends sooner than later and may you and your family be blessed with only good health and happiness from this day forward.

@Notorious J could you start wearing a go-pro every where you go, we are apparently missing some great vids! :ROFLMAO: Seriously guys, remember, you don't want to spend all your Xmas money on medical bills. Be careful out there...do not use me as a roll model!

@Notorious J could you start wearing a go-pro every where you go, we are apparently missing some great vids! :ROFLMAO: Seriously guys, remember, you don't want to spend all your Xmas money on medical bills. Be careful out there...do not use me as a roll model!
I'm more of a bash, break, mend to 50%, repeat kind of guy myself. If I wasn't injured all the time, I'd have no way to remember how old I am. Damn rc's playing tricks with my mind!

I'm glad I waited to finally chime in. First off, glad to hear your wife is doing well. Second, awesome that you and your little girl have broken new ground in your relationship. Heartwarming barely starts to describe how this story is playing out. About your foot. I know your pain. I did a 360 on my bike six weeks ago and didn't get it really checked out til about two weeks ago. Turns out if torn all kinds of ligaments and tendons in both my shoulders, fortunately only minor ones. Doesn't help make it any less painful, but each day I know I'm blessed that I didn't break my neck and get to continue doing all the things I love to do. Hope your pain ends sooner than later and may you and your family be blessed with only good health and happiness from this day forward.
360? Like an over the bars endo or…? I did many Endos on my mountain bike back in the day and they can be damaging. I’m figuring you were on a motorcycle which is far worse. Sounds like you were lucky but also sounds pretty awful, buddy, and I wish you quick recovery! Thank you for the kind words and well wishes very much. You hang in there!

360? Like an over the bars endo or…? I did many Endos on my mountain bike back in the day and they can be damaging. I’m figuring you were on a motorcycle which is far worse. Sounds like you were lucky but also sounds pretty awful, buddy, and I wish you quick recovery! Thank you for the kind words and well wishes very much. You hang in there!
Front tire went into a ditch, feet were in cages on the pedals. Happened in the blink of an eye. Head scraped first but shoulders took the brunt of the damage. Didn't separate from the bike til it was almost all the way around in the fall. Day in the life of Notorious J post 50 year mark😉

Front tire went into a ditch, feet were in cages on the pedals. Happened in the blink of an eye. Head scraped first but shoulders took the brunt of the damage. Didn't separate from the bike til it was almost all the way around in the fall. Day in the life of Notorious J post 50 year mark😉
Ahh you were on a bicycle. Nice! Yeah…cages are tricky. I rode time attack clipless pedals. Be carful there man and keep the rubberside down 🙃

Ahh you were on a bicycle. Nice! Yeah…cages are tricky. I rode time attack clipless pedals. Be carful there man and keep the rubberside down 🙃
I ride clipless on my road bike but have cages on my mountain bike for just an extra bit of grunt when I need it. Not tackling mountains or anything like that, just my day to day rider. 47 years of riding bikes and this was my first endo, and on a casual ride at that. So stupid, it hurts😆

Last edited:
Very sorry about your foot. :( and a very BIG congrats to you and the Mrs!!! I love the story here - started out sucky but as it unfolds, it's a nice one. :)

On another note, I can sort of relate to you and your son. I can also relate with helping to raise a grand daughter. I am very glad that you and step daughter are bonding - this is awesome .. and yes, healing. You're not alone (in the event that you thought you were).

Knee surgery from 5 years back( job injury) keeps me from Clipless now. I only use platforms now. Crank Brothers pinnned . I may need a knee replacement at some point. But riding my bicycle is the best therapy.

Knee surgery from 5 years back( job injury) keeps me from Clipless now. I only use platforms now. Crank Brothers pinnned . I may need a knee replacement at some point. But riding my bicycle is the best therapy.
Me too. Or used to. Crank or Race Face were my go-to's. Last fall a friend bought a used Santa Cruz Tallboy with new flat Saints. Dumb@ss uses clips and sold me the Saints for $100. Clips are and should only be used in road/speed bikes, imo. Enduro and Trail(what I do) biking with clips is pointless as there too many situations you need a foot. Bought a CCM Explorer(HT), stripped it, rebuilt, and now I have a $500 BBS bike with $1500-1700 worth of components. Maybe the only CCM in Canada(probably NA) with Fox Float 29ers.
So clearly doing unconventional builds isn't new to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back