Stupidest way to break a bone šŸ™„

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knee surgery from 5 years back( job injury) keeps me from Clipless now. I only use platforms now. Crank Brothers pinnned . I may need a knee replacement at some point. But riding my bicycle is the best therapy.
Got it. My right knee has been opened up twice. A wreck at the velodrome in the mid 2000s trashed it. I got lucky though as the surgeries were solid so Iā€™ve had very few issues since. Wish I could say the same for my fused neck. I canā€™t ride at all since 2018 due to that.
Very sorry about your foot. :( and a very BIG congrats to you and the Mrs!!! I love the story here - started out sucky but as it unfolds, it's a nice one. :)

On another note, I can sort of relate to you and your son. I can also relate with helping to raise a grand daughter. I am very glad that you and step daughter are bonding - this is awesome .. and yes, healing. You're not alone (in the event that you thought you were).
Thank you! Oh I know Iā€™m not alone. Which is why I talk about things rather then compress them quietly. I came home last night to hang out with my step daughter. Itā€™s greatā€¦about 1 out of every 4-5 times sheā€™d call me dad, the other times she calls me ā€˜Dougaā€™. I am loving this ā˜ŗļø
I ride clipless on my road bike but have cages on my mountain bike for just an extra bit of grunt when I need it. Not tackling mountains or anything like that, just my day to day rider. 47 years of riding bikes and this was my first endo, and on a casual ride at that. So stupid, it hurtsšŸ˜†
2nd day after is always the worst, 3rd day after even worseršŸ¤£ hang in there buddy!

I wrecked so often Iā€™d learned to flip and land on my hydro pack mid endo. I loved the steep crazy stuff though, going up and down. Dang I miss itā€¦

Last edited:
Thank you! Oh I know Iā€™m not alone. Which is why I talk about things rather then compress them quietly. I came home last night to hang out with my step daughter. Itā€™s greatā€¦about 1 out of every 4-5 times sheā€™d call me dad, the other times she calls me ā€˜Dougaā€™. I am loving this ā˜ŗļø
If you ever need an ear .. reach out. :)

ā€˜My stupid foot wonā€™t heal!!ā€™ I told my pain doctor last week while getting a cervical steroid epidural. ā€˜Itā€™s been two months now. There are no broken bones, just torn ligaments and tendons.ā€™ ā€˜Then let me inject it!ā€™ He replied. ā€˜That will stop the swelling, ease the pain and help it heal.ā€™

So I did yesterday morning. My pain doctor and his assistant are great. They blast 80s music and joke around. Since I never use sedation I get to join in on the fun. This particular conversation cracked me and my wife up later on when I watched it (and she just listened, the big needle-phobic baby she is šŸ˜‚).

Blood and needles ā›”ļø donā€™t watch if you canā€™t handle.

Dang junkies will do anything for a quick fix! šŸ¤£ I hate to say it, but better you than me! That doesn't look tremendously enjoyable. šŸ˜³

Dang junkies will do anything for a quick fix! šŸ¤£ I hate to say it, but better you than me! That doesn't look tremendously enjoyable. šŸ˜³

Yeah I know lol. Iā€™ve so many dozens of steroid injections and epidurals over the last 10 years but never in my foot! It sucked and itā€™s still freaking tingling numb, that painful post dentist type of numb. But it should help soā€¦yay šŸ¤£

Back in the boot again šŸ™„
A couple of weeks ago I got my pain doctor to inject my foot with steroids hoping it would speed up the torn tendons and ligaments healing process. It helped a whole lot and everything was going wellā€¦ until the injections wore off rather suddenly, yesterday evening. Wow. Now Iā€™m thinking it wasnā€™t such a good idea to mask the pain considering how bad it (eye-crossing) hurts.

65248D6A-9396-470D-BA10-5C8CADD7696C.jpeg

Back in the boot again šŸ™„
A couple of weeks ago I got my pain doctor to inject my foot with steroids hoping it would speed up the torn tendons and ligaments healing process. It helped a whole lot and everything was going wellā€¦ until the injections wore off rather suddenly, yesterday evening. Wow. Now Iā€™m thinking it wasnā€™t such a good idea to mask the pain considering how bad it (eye-crossing) hurts.

View attachment 190569
Not questioning your Dr. but I was told steroids are bad for healing tendons.
I also learned the hard way that masking pain is not the same as fixing the issue. SUCKS!
Gotta learn to go easy my man. I know easier said than done.

Not questioning your Dr. but I was told steroids are bad for healing tendons.
I also learned the hard way that masking pain is not the same as fixing the issue. SUCKS!
Gotta learn to go easy my man. I know easier said than done.
It was more stuff then just steroids the intent was to bring the swelling down to allow it to heal quicker. Didnā€™t work but thatā€™s always the risk.

It was more stuff then just steroids the intent was to bring the swelling down to allow it to heal quicker. Didnā€™t work but thatā€™s always the risk.
Yea sometimes when it works we feel too good and don't realize we're pushing it. Sorry to hear about the setback bud!

Yea sometimes when it works we feel too good and don't realize we're pushing it. Sorry to hear about the setback bud!
I didnā€™t then and still donā€™t have a choice. This happened the night before my wifeā€™s cancer surgery while I was chasing her daughter on the play ground structure and I still canā€™t rest it. Her recovery has been hardā€¦just canā€™t rest yet. May cry a bit but canā€™t rest. Really wish I could rest.

I didnā€™t then and still donā€™t have a choice. This happened the night before my wifeā€™s cancer surgery while I was chasing her daughter on the play ground structure and I still canā€™t rest it. Her recovery has been hardā€¦just canā€™t rest yet. May cry a bit but canā€™t rest. Really wish I could rest.
You're a strong man! Do you have a knee rover?

Damn I sound pitiful. Iā€™m just tired thatā€™s all. Get all whiney when tired. All is good though. Itā€™s always good if you can female dog about itā€¦means youā€™re still in it and fighting to stay awhile.
You're a strong man! Do you have a knee rover?
Naw Iā€™m good with Das Boot šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m way to mobile for anything else which is why I wouldnā€™t let them cast it at the emergency room.

Agreed about the bitching. Its just a way of getting sh!t out(y) Not pitiful sounding at all
I don't know, it's pretty pitiful! :ROFLMAO:

@Velodromed Hang in there it will eventually heal, just sucks until then, as you are well aware. :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back