Granite Stx2 replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
So my granite blx came with the stx2 radio. I keep seeing issues about loss of signal. I haven't had any issues with this yet. But I am also wanting to play it safe so i was thinking of upgrading to the Tactic ttx300 since it's not fancy but seems good quality. Would I need a new reciever also, or could I bind it to the one in the truck without having to remove anything? I have no idea about radios so a little help please lol.

Last edited:
Tactic is a good option personally i remplaced it for the dumborc 6channels+gyro from banggood never lost range and has been perfect. Aparently its the best rtr remplacement out there

not sure but as the tactic supports Modulation: FHSS spread spectrum it should just bind to the receiver - however I believe the receiver is actually the problem for the signal loss not the transmitter
Ahh gotcha
Tactic is a good option personally i remplaced it for the dumborc 6channels+gyro from banggood never lost range and has been perfect. Aparently its the best rtr remplacement out there
Did you have to change anything ? The YouTube videos I watched seems to include the reciever.

Did you have to change anything ? The YouTube videos I watched seems to include the reciever.
its not difficult, plug the steering and throttle in the new receiver, bind the receiver and then depending on the ESC you need to calibrate the endpoints, maybe correct/reverse the throttle or steering - done ... I replaced mine with DSMR receiver to use on my DX5

its not difficult, plug the steering and throttle in the new receiver, bind the receiver and then depending on the ESC you need to calibrate the endpoints, maybe correct/reverse the throttle or steering - done ... I replaced mine with DSMR receiver to use on my DX5
Sounds pretty easy actually thanks.

Was it an easy swap? Just ordered the ttx300 it comes with the receiver also.

Calibrate the esc? Like settings?
Its easy use the manual for the esc.
for my kraton 4s i press the set button hold it and power on the car. Esc is going to start beeping and you release the set button you clic the set button once(transmitter in neutral) then you pull the throttle to the max clic the set button again and then you go full reverse and press the set button again for the last time and you just power off the esc and then on and its calibrated thats how it is on my kraton 4s but pretty much sure its the same for the 3s line too just read the setting on the esc in your owners manual or online

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back